Thank you (Race Weekend)

Home Forums General Discussion Thank you (Race Weekend)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aldara Henderson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 13

Hi Everyone!
      First of all, please please please forgive me for not sending this out sooner. As most of y’all know, I am in the home stretch for this thesis. Yay! It has just been crazy.

Secondly, I wanted to thank everyone for an amazing race day! I appreciate all of those, participants and volunteers, who rearranged schedules when we had to shift race day. It was a beautiful day, a great level, and a wonderful time seeing everyone, and safely socializing outside. I wanted to especially thank:

David Balicki for coordinating Safety. You and your volunteers did an amazing job and everyone felt safe. Thank you

Craig Heaton for coordinating the other volunteers. I am thankful for you helping to do this last second. Thank you to all your volunteers.

The Iowa State crew for coming all this way, every year (but sorry they couldn’t race on the backup day). They kindly said they didn’t want refunds for registration – told us to use it for something for MWA. We appreciate seeing all of you every year and look forward to the next race.

A thank you to all the racers for adapting to the changed format. It was not what we typically do, but this past year was anything but typical. Thank you for coming out and participating.

I know I mentioned the coordinators but thank you again to all the volunteers for helping out on & near the water – Safety, timing & scoring, etc. You are such and important and pivotal part of this event. Thank you so much.

I cannot say enough about the race Committee for organizing the event. All your years of knowledge and experience with the races and your patience with my questions and your hard work behind the scenes are truly the backbone of what makes these races so successful. Thank you.

Thank you to Kieran Warren for the t-shirt design, it was amazing. Everyone loved it. and John Niebling for getting the t-shirts printed

there are still t-shirts for sale at the MWA Store https://missouriwhitewater.org/…/54th-2021-mwc…/

Thank you to Chris Matsuno & Di McHenry for the volunteer/racer donations for the raffle.

The past two years have been insane. Who would have predicted a global pandemic?! Our hope is that next year, our races will go on as it always has…a weekend of paddling, socializing, and friendly competition.
      I look forward to seeing everyone next year, volunteers and racers alike!!!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart