Subsidy for Swiftwater Rescue class

Home Forums General Discussion Subsidy for Swiftwater Rescue class

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Part of the mission of MWA is to encourage the growth of paddling… including river safety techniques.  At the July meeting, we talked about the importance of encouraging our fellow paddlers to improve their ability to rescue … us!

So to help with that, MWA will subsidize Dale’s upcoming Swift Water Rescue Class on 13-14 August for any MWA member* who is taking it.  MWA will pay $50 of the registration fee for members who participate in the class.  We hope to continue this for future classes as well.

Please see the link above for more info on the class, and get signed up!

* MWA membership must be submitted & paid by 31 July.  Join now if you aren’t a member already.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by jw.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by jw.
      bobh
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 34

Thank you to the MWA. This is very generous and is greatly appreciated. Anyone considering taking a Swift Water Rescue class should take note. It was a good price to begin with and now it’s an absolute bargain.

JulieAlsberge
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

I have already sent my check in will I be reimbursed the $50.00

jw

yes.

Larry Wolff
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1

In an effort to encourage more people to participate in this course, Wolff & Taylor, PC will donate $500.00 to the this specific cause.

As Jim mentioned, one of the stated missions is “river safety techniques.”  Each year a number of people lose their lives to MO rivers (Castlewood State Park, again this summer).  The MWA can and does help!

If you are thinking of taking this course and money is an issue, we are happy to help the MWA help you.

Wolff & Taylor is dedicated to the cause of the MWA.  Please take this class.  If you spend enough time on rivers or in any outside environment, one day, someone WILL need your help.

Thank You MWA

jw

Larry – got your check in the mail – thanks! I want to talk to you about the best way to spend it on Safety classes! I’ll contact you soon!! – jw

jw

It was a great SWR course this past weekend.  Good weather & a great location.  Thanks to Dale, RJ, Coop, Bart & Shon for the great instruction!  Plus, by being out of town, we were responsible for major rainfall on the Saint watershed.  So you all are welcome.

The Yorkville play park was great – simple & still challenging enough.  Someone should build one of those around here!

As soon as we get a copy of the roster from the SWR course from Dale, we’ll get it to Scott Becker, our MWA Treasurer, to issue checks. Dale is supposed to submit the roster to the ACA within 30 days, so we should have it within a month. Hopefully we’ll have the info in time for the Picnic weekend, so it might be possible to pickup checks there (I think Scott is going to be there).

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by jw.
      Ronald Duckworth
      • Total Posts: 14

Thanks for the great class, I would love to get a copy of the group picture.

Garrett
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4

Jim,

Kevin and I paid $100 each directly to Dale, so the $50 subsidy should go directly to Dale, not back to us.  If that causes problems, we can pay Dale the $50 each and take the reimbursement.  Sorry if I’m swimming against the current here.

Garrett

jw

Garrett – we took care of that already. We gave a check to Dale to cover your subsidies (and one other). – jw

JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

I wish I could have made this class!

Larry, thank you for the subsidy and support from Wolff and Taylor! A SWR class may not be at the top of a boaters list, but it is of course very important. The subsidy should help incentivize these classes and help get more boaters trained.

Joe

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart