St Louis County creeks

Home Forums General Discussion St Louis County creeks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jworth
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 21

Does anyone have any info/ beta on Fox creek, Fishpot creek, or Grand Glaize creek?

Matt Worobec
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 56

Fishpot you can drive up Vance road and put in at one of the subdivisions where the creek crosses the road. At the parking lot at Marshall at 141 is take out.  You can see Fishpot running by walking west of the parking lot and you see the creek.   You can run the bottom section multiple times.  Walk back up from the Meramec.    Caulks Creek is fun. put in Strecker and Clayton–Wildwood anniversary park –take out is Edison and Baxter.  We did Caulks right after a big rain ad it was a blast.

Fox Creek and Grand Glaize have both been done a lot.  There are older posts on here about those.

The last big rain we had I scouted Fox Creek–Henken Road second bridge off manchester I believe was the put in.  and you can go down fox creek rd.  There were videos on youtube of Grand Glaize and fox–Joe Sartori I believe is one of the guys that knows a lot about it.

go on youtube and type in Joe Sartori kayaking

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Matt Worobec.
      • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Matt Worobec.
      jworth
      Participant

Ok, thanks for the info.

JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

I like to do the loop on lower fishpot that is nicely described above. Pete Larson is the expert on Fox. I have run it a few times and there is one drop in particular that goes over someone’s drive and has a 10 or 15 foot drop right into a willow jungle. I walk it. Pete runs it. One time, it took me a while to find Pete. He disappeared, but was fine. He said something like grip and go. Walking it can be hazardous too as there are suck pipes on the upstream side. There are a few putin options on grand glaze. I think I wrote them up before or have some details on one of my youtube videos. The creeks ran today. From the looks of the radar, they will be up again tomorrow morning sometime.

jworth
        Participant

Awesome, thanks. I checked out your youtube videos and they all look fun. Looks like today’s forecast for rain is not as much as they initially predicted and I imagine they all dropped out without constant rain. Hoping for more rain this weekend!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart