St fransis river gage

Home Forums General Discussion St fransis river gage

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      glo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 15

It had been months sense I was on this forum. I see the St fransis river gage is still not giving readings. ( found out from this site that it was not acually the gage itself that was not working )                                                                I went back and saw that back in july jasonr74 (kudos to you) was maybe going to try and contact people who have some power and controll over thisto try and get it changed . And try to find out and give the number of  hit counts of  people checking the Roselle gage vs. the other gages in MO .                                                     This could be a very misleading problem.  Because probally  90 to 95% of the  people  looking at the St Fransis river level are local club members that probally went to this Mo. whitewater forum to get  the  Fransis water leval.So the  St. Fransis USGS gage site wouldlnt actually be getting   hits on it from all these people.This would make it totally misleading and not at all show how many people were acually interested in and checking the river level. If the amount of hits each  river gage  gets has any bearing on which river gages they chose to not give the readings of,( Which it obviously should ) Then This would be a major misleading problem . Im sure there are thousands of people checking the St Fransis water leval on this foram that  are then not showing up  as  hits on the gage.  So incase anyone is continuing to try and get the gage reading back  it would be good to let the people (In Control ?) know and realize this. As the St. fransis river  probally in reality gets more people checking the water on it then any other river in the state. And yet the number of  hits on its gage  could  be showing its one of the lowest. Also if a petition ever gets going it would be great to have it on one of the online site St fransis river gage  with a link to it on this forum.To  be able to get a lot more signatures on it from non local people also.. Sure make it alot easier on all the good people going to the extra trouble to try and keep the paddlers informed of the water level. (Its great they do this).  In the mean time, in case some people dont know it. Here is a link to the Ozark Creek Information Summary page that always still has a current reading on the USGS: St. Francis River gage near Roselle.                                        http://www.ozarkpages.com/cgi-bin/stages.pl?ST=level

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

The USGS no longer hosts the St Francis at Roselle gage on its website.  The reading for Roselle gage on ozarkpages.com link was for July 8, 2016 when USGS stopped hosting the gage.  The gage itself is “owned and operated by the USACE” and USACE continues to monitor and report the level at  http://rivergages.mvr.usace.army.mil/WaterControl/shefgraph-wotem2.cfm?sid=CE62308E&d=7&dt=S

http://rivergages.mvr.usace.army.mil/WaterControl/shefgraph-wotem2.cfm?sid=CE62308E&d=7&dt=S

glo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 15

Thanks for the working  link John. And letting me know the Ozark one was  showing   the St Francis  gage from july 8th .  I actually clicked on the St Francis link this time that  showed the current  date and  the supposedly  water level for St Francis,  and got   ” No data were found using your search criteria” Un real. //    From my attempt to give others a working link for the St. I ended up getting   a working link.  Nice when things work out like that.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart