Shuttle Options

Home Forums General Discussion Shuttle Options

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Darius Riley
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8

We are coming down April 6-7 to do a short float from Mill Streams to Silver Mines. We will only have one vehicle. What are shuttle options?  We considered taking a bike and riding back from Silver Mines to Millstream along highway D and 72.

Looking for suggestions and thoughts.

Thank you.

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

0.  Don’t cycle the road, especially Hwy 72, as it’s relatively narrow, windy (curvy), & hilly, with a 55 MPH speed limit.

1. Walk (or run) the trail between Silvermines & Millstream.  It’s a beautiful trail, maybe 2.5 miles long.  After the Turkey Creek area & the pine trees, turn right & go up the hill (away from the river) where the sign says “Trail ->”.  Just remember to take your shuttle vehicle key with you… (lesson learned, recently).

2. On most Saturday & Sundays there are many local & visiting boaters, and they are generally friendly, if you’re not putting on the river with aluminum canoes.  Introduce yourselves & ply them with beer/etc. afterwards.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by jw.
      George
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 230

I’ve heard a rumor that a certain individual who may or may not work at the campground will shuttle for a few bucks.

If you plan to paddle late in the evenings on a Tuesday or Thursday (4:30-5pm) I don’t mind helping with a shuttle. Just text or call me: 573 561 3887

The hike JW mentioned is actually a really nice one. I’ve done it quite a few times after a solo run. Just be sure to hide your gear somewhere so the boat gremlins don’t take it or leave someone at the take out.

Darius Riley
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8

Thank you all. Good suggestions and I knew asking some folks familiar with the area would help. One of our group is training for a marathon, so he’s running it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart