Reportr From the Saint (Trail)

Home Forums General Discussion Reportr From the Saint (Trail)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Ran the trail for the last time until fall. The poison Ivy, stinging nettle and Cat’s Claw are unavoidable. You also have to do a lot of bobbing and weaving. The kicker is I removed 26 ticks from me (yes, I counted). On the yuck factor scale the trail is now 5 out of 5.

So- Jin has been telling me that they will be improving the trail soon and today I saw what they intend as they have placed tapes and markers everywhere they intend to work. They are going to put in ditches and “dips” all along the trail from Mud creek pool to the second heartbreak hill. I have been running this trail for 30 years- and I can guarantee you that it has not changed in the least, and remains a solid bit of trail.

The trail from Turkey Creek to Mud Pool is a muddy mess, and is impassable after even one inch of rain. For some reason this does not click with them. And they have YET to talk to anyone who actually uses the trail. I guess as far as the NPS is concerned  their motto is…”If it ain’t  broke, FIX IT!

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by McChuck. Reason: I love waving at random people- then the rest of the day they are wondering who I was
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart