report from low woter bridge– or not

Home Forums General Discussion report from low woter bridge– or not

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

Wednesday, I was in river area and tried to go to the put in.

The roads are all blocked??? similar to the govern. shut down.

I understand that Jim shuts down all campgrounds down when they are not there,

but usually not the main parking lot???

Modot has replaced the large culvert under the main parking road.

Should help a lot during local heavy rains.

Different note- large bald eagle eating deer carcass on east hill of Castor river, 2 minutes later, another bald eagle almost hit my van while grabbing a rabbit next to the road- west hill of Castor river. On the way home, they were both sitting in trees just downstream of the bridge. Most cool. I’ve seen one in area a lot, didn’t know there was a pair hanging out at the J-road bridge. They must be hungry to be hunting less than 4 feet from the road.

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

as of Friday afternoon, 12/22/2017 all gates to the take out were still locked

JohnKuthe…
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 291

Oh yeah, there used to be quite a flock of eagles and eaglets that lived at or near to the Saint. We disturbed a group of about 5 in trees and in flight on that first big flat section right before the bluff. And as we passed they all took flight. Then I noticed as our group boated onto the next little section that the eagles had begun once again perching in some trees behind us as we were no longer a threat!

John Kuthe..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart