Reel Paddling Film Festival -April 29

Home Forums General Discussion Reel Paddling Film Festival -April 29

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin Anders
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 10

Rapid Media’s 10th annual Reel Paddling Film Festival showcases the world’s best paddling films to audiences in Canada, United States and around the world. The festival inspires more people to explore rivers, lakes and oceans, push physical and emotional extremes, embrace the lifestyle and appreciate the heritage of the wild places we paddle.
      The Reel Paddling Film Festival is a film contest awarding winning films in 10 categories. The winners and other shortlisted films are then toured to more than 100 cities around the world, screening for an audience of more than 30,000 outdoor adventure enthusiasts and their friends and families.
      The Reel Paddling Film Festival is produced by Rapid Media. Rapid Media also publishes four leading paddlesports magazines: Rapid, Adventure Kayak, Canoeroots and Kayak Angler magazines. Your ticket to a Reel Paddling Film Festival World Tour stop includes a free one-year digital edition subscription to all of the above magazines. Special offer details are available in your evening program.
      For more information or to register go to;
      15-KW-FILM: Reel Paddling Film Festival https://alpineshop.webconnex.com/reelpaddle2015

Kevin A

Bilbo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 159

Sorry, have to chime in here. The National Paddling Film Festival is a grass roots level effort started in 1983 by the Bluegrass Wildwater Association. They have the best annual 2 day event in Frankfort, KY in late February, with a guest host (this year Benny Marr) giving a presentation, and centralized networking of paddlers that attend from all over the world. The judging is done by professional kayakers, filmmakers, and enthusiasts, not members of a corporate media conglomerate. The real paddling film festival was the first, and still the best, so good that in many ways it has been plagiarized horribly by Rapid Media. The bias that Reel does not have is amateur video that is not only allowed to be entered, but encouraged. Have to start somewhere, right? It also deserves mention that the proceeds from NPFF support AW.

The Reel Paddling Film Festival contains the same great professional films made by the same great videographers and paddlers, the definition between sometimes fuzzy. The films are definitely worth seeing. I feel there should be some judgement supporting local efforts towards where and how to see them. NPFF also has a road show, and it has been suggested to the Alpine Shop before. It is much, much less expensive and contains a library that Rapid Media could not possibly emulate, built up from over 30 years.
      Thanks,
      Bill

http://www.bluegrasswildwater.org/NPFF/

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Bilbo.
      Perry Whitaker
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2

Bill,

I certainly have no allegiance to the Reel Paddling Film Fest, I’m open to ANYTHING! If there’s another film fest that’ll work better, I’d love to team up on it.

I’d much rather have LOCAL CONTENT, and I wish I had some local content available for this event.

When you have a minute, give me a call and let’s work on creating an event that benefits as many local paddlers as possible.

-Perry

Bilbo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 159

I am more than happy to matchmake.  You will really appreciate the reciprocal support that exists just a little east of here, between local paddling shops in KY and the NPFF, run by the Bluegrass Wildwater Affiliation.  Their film festival has in fact had MO films and stills entered, and I feel there is more to come.  I will get your information to them, and vice-versa.  Thanks Perry!

Bill

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart