This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jw 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #16486

    jw
    Moderator

    Race setup was successful today, with 23 wires hung for gates (and the finish banner).  [Thank you to Chris & Mason Gagnon & Bill Eades for ferrying string across the river at bridge level!]  Looking at the weather forecast for the week ahead, there may be an inch & a half of rain Wednesday & Thursday, followed by sunny days Fri-Sat-Sun.  At this point, we will most likely have gate setup on Friday at 10:00 am (not Thursday as planned), but that decision will be made at NOON on Wednesday, and posted here.  We expect high water Friday & through the weekend, so it’s looking like the Downriver may be shifted to the Upper Saint (72-Fishermans), but again, that will be decided later.  We may have to modify classes, schedule, and limit participation on some days depending on water levels.  Those decisions will be made & announced at the Morning (mandatory) Racers meetings, so you are advised to attend to find out the latest!

    There have been a lot of questions about whether the race will be canceled or postponed, due to concerns about coronavirus and/or high water.  We don’t plan to postpone, and at this point we don’t plan to cancel, unless there is outside direction to do so.

    Because of the nature of the races being in the open and outside, close contact with others can be minimized as it relates to spectators and other volunteers. Our goal will be to remain safe at all of our stations to minimize the risk.  Items that are normally handled during the day by volunteers will be thoroughly sanitized prior to use. That includes timers, buttons, and radios. Based on job assignments we will encourage these items not be passed between multiple personnel unless necessary. Each station will have a supply of sanitary wipes so those items can be wiped again during the day as required.  We will remind spectators & volunteers to maintain social distances to avoid any potential transmissions.

    Stay tuned for more details as they develop.

    – jw for the Race Committee

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.