Race question

Home Forums General Discussion Race question

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

I have a question about the novice division how many longboats were in the race and why weren’t they not separated from creek boat?

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

We didn’t have a boat length division in downriver this year.  It’s been suggested, and will be considered for 2017.  We plan to rethink all our Downriver, and maybe even Slalom classes.

So there is basically no boat differentiation for Expert, Novice, or Age group classes.

The boat length question always comes down to what the cutoff is.  Lots of debate on that.  9′? 10′? 8′?  It has also been suggested that we have 3 length-based classes, as there are boats in similar ranges (not sure what those are off the top of my head – I’m still paddling my Dancer!).  In fact, this might make a good project for someone – look at the variety of boats & see if there are some common length groupings.

Then there is the question of expert vs. novice.  Do you have one of those groups for each length class?  And what about age groups?

It has even been suggested that you might consider hull-types – displacement, planing, hybrid…

And that leads to the inevitable response – where do you stop with classes?

SO – that’s what the race committee does!  And ALL INTERESTED PERSONS ARE INVITED to join in as we start the planning for the 50th Missouri Whitewater Championships in 2017!!  We will be starting far earlier than December 2016, so stay tuned.

jacobsviper
      Participant

Thanks jw just wanted to know seems like i could have only done 2 small things differently but I paddled my butt off to the finish line to almost be dead last!! worse positionthen last year when I got rolled and swam 2 times.. Almost not even worth it… If I have to compete with long boats. Other then that great set up and races I thought everything went smoothly… Btw JUST FWI my quadcopter never left my truck lmao that was as someone else that got it at the races!!!!

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Hey Jacob – here’s something for you! LOL  Maybe you can pilot an F-15 down the Saint!  Or just a Predator…

U.S. Air Force Facing Pilot Shortage For Fighter Jets, Drones.

CNN (3/17, Browne) reports that on Wednesday, during a subcommittee hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee,, U.S. Air Force General Herbert Carlisle warned that the service needs 511 additional fighter pilots as well as 200 more drone pilots in order to sufficiently fulfill its current military operations. In his testimony, Carlisle explained that “remote piloted aircraft enterprise is one that’s in high demand, we are in high demand for fighters as well, we don’t have enough of either.”

jacobsviper
        Participant

SWEET!!!!!! Heck yeah!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart