Post #1: Thoughts on Missouri Whitewater Champs 50th Anniversary Event

Home Forums General Discussion Post #1: Thoughts on Missouri Whitewater Champs 50th Anniversary Event

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wahoo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 57

I have been in contact with the MO Dept of Tourism for seeking their support in publicizing our Missouri Whatewater Championships 50th Anniversary event.  They are currently willing to post information on our event on MO Tourism websites.  Their current effort is working on a publication for publicizing January events so we have time for providing them information for their March events publication.  Is there anyone out there who would be willing to put together an information package that we can send to them?

I have also made the initial call to ACA to seek their support.  After all, the 50th Anniversary of the Missouri Whitewater Championships only comes around once in a lifetime.  My DREAM BIG thought is to see if maybe we can seek ACA/Subaru sponsorship to raffle off a limited edition Missouri Whitewater Championships 50th Anniversay Subaru vehicle or maybe an adventure trip somewhere.  Thoughts?

To get us eddied out and heading downstream I would like to get thoughs interested in helping out with the initial race organization together for a meeting after the October 25th Tuesday Night Ride so we can talk about just how much we want to publicize the 2017 races, the event agenda, limiting participation, and some thoughts on special activities to honor 50 years of Missouri Whitewater Championship history.

One thought I have was to add a wrinkle to the Downriver race by adding two downstream gates below the Silvermines Dam.  These gates would serve to recognize the site as the original venue location for the Missouri Whitewater Championships.  The gates would be named rather than numbered to honor the two clubs that originally hosted the Missouri Whitewater Championships, the Meramec Canoe Club and the Arnold Whitewater Association.

The rules for running the gates would be the same as a slalom event, 5 seconds added to the race time for hitting the gate and 50 seconds for missing it completely.

That’s my initial thoughts.  I looking forward to hearing everyone elses ideas.

Happy Paddling Everyone!!

Wahoo

JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

Wahoo, love the ideas, especially the Subaru and hopefully downstream gates in the downriver race. I will see you on the 25th!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart