Perfect Ocoee Boat

Home Forums General Discussion Perfect Ocoee Boat

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ryan Cullen
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 59

Alright MWAers I’m looking for the perfect Ocoee boat. Qualifications: boofable, slicey for enders (preferably stern squirts and splats), surfable, and some speed for the challenge lines.

Was looking at the Liquid Logic Mullet, Dagger Axiom 8.5, and pyranaha Loki. I know the club is a little pyranaha heavy and I’m expecting a pretty big response for the Loki, but has anyone tried the Dagger or Liquid Logic.

Thoughts, impressions, all appreciated.

Hopefully getting to demo some at NOC or Ocoee this weekend

Jim Janney
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4

I haven’t paddled all those boats, but they’re all very different boats.

The loki is the only one that is slicey on both ends, so if your priority is cartwheels, it’s the only one on that list to choose.  I’ve never paddled one, but I’m sure it’s the least capable river runner on the list based on bow volume and length.  That said, it should be fine on the Ocoee, Gauley, or anything else with a reasonable amount of water in the right hands.

The axiom 8.5 is a super fun boat and stern squirts were super easy for me at 180 lbs.  It river runs pretty well and is fun and snappy.  The planing hull is a blast to surf on fast waves.  This would be an amazing boat for the Gauley or the Grand Canyon.

I’ve never been that interested in the mullet, but I’ll suggest another LL to check out which is the Party Braap.  I’ve never paddled one but I own a Braap which is the same hull with more stern deck volume.  The Braap is like a slalom boat mixed with a creek boat.  It’s super fun for all kinds of eddy and ferry moves and carries speed really well.  It squirts well on powerful eddy lines, so the party braap should be able to squirt on anything.  This is the best river runner of the bunch and is just super fun for all kinds of river running moves.  It won’t carve as well on a glassy wave as the axiom as it doesn’t have much edge.

Jim

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart