Paddle Creve Coeur Park Turkey Day 10:00

Home Forums General Discussion Paddle Creve Coeur Park Turkey Day 10:00

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

If you are interested in paddling Thursday before your TG day plans, feel free to come out to Creve Coeur Park. Meet at the Mallard Lake/Lakehouse Restaurant parking lot at 10AM. I will have two offset gates up. You can work on whatever you want (except the roll!). I am happy to demo different maneuvers thru the gates as well as stroke combinations to practice. This is all about sharpening skills, not necessarily slalom.

CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

Joe,

I am afraid to ask…. Why not roll in Creve Coure lake…?    I know a certain someone and his brother that practice there quite a bit….   Something I’m missing?

JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

Hi Chris, you and Terry may rather want to practice the roll at Chesterfield’s River’s Edge park. The water is wonderful! It is filtered thru the alluvial soil. The lake fills from water from the Missouri–no urban runoff! Creve Coeur Lake fills from runoff from streets and yards with dog dooey, and there is just not a lot of movement in the water. I wouldn’t want my head in the water.

CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

Good to know…    I have always questioned the water’ quality as there seems to be an abundance of dead fish on the lakes banks.

While I cannot make it out tomorrow, I would love to learn some slalom tricks from you sometime soon!

Happy Thanksgiving and SYOTR

JohnKuthe…
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 291

Exactly what I thought Joe when I bought it and rolled over and since I was still a beginner I opened my eyes and all I saw was this murky greenish grey yuck! Only rolled once in it, it felt dirty.

John Kuthe…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart