Ordering Wood Gunwales

Home Forums General Discussion Ordering Wood Gunwales

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Brian Shipman
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 13

<p>Ordering wood gunwales, need some. </p><p>Shipping is cheaper when ordering in bulk. </p><p>Suppler is Eds Canoe. Ash Gunwales from 14-20 ft long. </p><p>Let me know. </p><p>brianshipman@drury.edu</p>

Mike Warren
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 21

Brian:

I bought a breakdown set of ash gunwales from the same guy and put them on a Royalex Howler and they worked great.  You save a bunch of money on shipping and once they are epoxied together and sanded (lots of sanding) you can hardly see the joints.  Glue was included but I used G-Flex instead.  Everything is marked, and pre-drilled (small wood screws hold the joints together until the epoxy sets…..screws included).  I ended up using some small clamps too.  No way I could get 15′ ash gunwales anywhere by me, but the breakdown set worked well.  I’d do it again.

Mike

Brian Shipman
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 13

Thanks Mike and good to hear from you.

Where did you get this “breakdown set’?

Mike Warren
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 21

Hi Brian:

Same place, Ed’s Canoe, I’m pretty sure. Putting them together was easy because I had a big flat floor to work on.

Just got back from slalom nationals on the Blackfoot in MT.  Smaller turnout due to COVID probably.  No folks from Canada or down south.  Nice course with challenging offsets and starting at about gate 20 they socked it to ya.  Probably about 2500 cfs and fun.  Take care.

Mike

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart