Opportunity for instructors

Home Forums General Discussion Opportunity for instructors

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Attention Instructors (and especially new instructors):  MWA received a request for an ACA-certified instructor to teach a one day kayaking class to scouts so they can earn their whitewater merit badge [that is so cool there is a whitewater merit badge!].  Here is the info – please contact them directly if you are interested.

Name
      Theresa Scully
      Email
      theresa.scully at olinbrass.com
      Reason for Contact:
      Interest in an Event

I have a group of scouts and scouting parents that are interested in the White Water merit badge via Kayaking. Here is the link to the merit badge requirements:
      http://usscouts.org/usscouts/mb/mb125.asp

Would anyone that is ACA certified be interested in leading a day long event for a group of 5-10 people in fulfilling these requirements?

Thank you for your time!
      Theresa
      Advancement coordinator – Troop 0054 Smithton IL
      618-nine7nine-5925

Chris Gaines
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8

FYI:  The BSA now requires that merit badge counselors go through their Youth Protection Training program.

Sarah Watson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 120

The badge requirements suggest that this is 15-20 hours of instruction, in addition to a trip on a class I-II river.

jw

Those would be good points to discuss with Theresa!

jw

It turns out that, according to Theresa, the scouts have already completed the Kayaking merit badge and gone on at least one 10 mile river outing to date. So they have over 15 hours in a Kayak!

I guess they just want to get more training.  Which is good.  So it sounds like the day-long activity should wrap it up for them.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart