Oh, what a day!

Home Forums General Discussion Oh, what a day!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      George and Rhonda Palmer
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 82

Sometimes you just gotta say, “screw the plan.”

We woke up today with the intent on just running the upper, but after some rolling practice at the limb strewn beach, we decided to scoot our way down the lower section. Did I mention we had no shuttle arrangement? Rhonda did extremely well on her first trip down the lower; didn’t have to swim once. She blows me away time we hit the water. It comes to naturally for her. I, on the other hand, manage to find every possible way to swim or get hung up. Met some nice folks at D bridge today. I’m awful with names, but if I recall we met Cody and Diana. I was pretty exhausted by this point, so I hope I didn’t come off as a complete jerk! We were offered a shuttle, but we felt like we were imposing so decided to hike our asses back to Millstreams. Really wasn’t too bad; I’m a mushroom hunter and found all the boletes, chantrelles, ect to be quite welcoming. Oh, and another thing, my dry bag failed (wasn’t operator error either) and ruined my damned phone. Overall, was a day well spent.

I still have the river smell in my nose. Nose plugs might be added to the list for future investments. Looks like we might try and run the river again tomorrow, so if you see us (yellow piranha and blue dagger), give us a wave.

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Glad you had fun and no lost paddle. I almost called you on the way to the saint at 3pm today but i thought you said you were goin campin.

George and Rhonda Palmer
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 82

My intuition hinted to me you were boating today. I saw your buddy (again, I’m awful with names) at the 67/72 intersection today. We’re always juggling plans. We canceled camping to boat and go to Memphis instead. Looks like we’re going there tomorrow rather than boating. BTW, shoot me a text when you get a chance. Lost all of my contacts when I drowned my phone.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart