Newbie needing help

Home Forums General Discussion Newbie needing help

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hunter Long
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1

Hi I am looking for people to paddle with in the Farmington/Fredericktown area. I spent my summer being a raft guide at NOC Nantahala. I bought a kayak and have all the gear. The only problem is all my kayak friends are back home for the off season. I would really like to have someone to paddle with even if it’s just down the castor. I’m still trying to get my bearings rolling with kayaking. I just don’t feel like it’s be a good idea to go down a river by myself. I do have a combat roll on flat water. Just need to transition it to a river. I want to work on catching Eddy’s and getting more comfortable. Hope to hear from someone soon!

My email is Huntertlong@yahoo.com if you’d rather message me on there.

CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

Hey Hunter,

once our winter Saint season kicks off, I’ll happily get you out on the water;

Stay in touch 🤙

Brad Davis
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 22

Just keep an eye one this message board, and I’m sure you will find plenty of opportunities to paddle with some fine folks. Any time the water is up, there is always someone paddling on the Saint. I’m just a first year paddler myself, but I have met some great folks at the Saint and every single one of them has been friendly and very helpful. Hope to run into you on the river sometime soon.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart