New to KCMO. Looking for places to boat and people to boat with

Home Forums General Discussion New to KCMO. Looking for places to boat and people to boat with

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      J–MO
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6

Just moved to KC from Oregon.  I like to boat up to Class III.  I know I will have a drive to get to most spots, but I am hoping there are some others near me that would like to take regular trips.  If not, advice on where the closest spots are and the best way to join organized paddles would be appreciated.

TIA and SYOTR!

Ben
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 14

Drop everything you are doing and drive to the Saint now. It will be a nice level all weekend. Drive to the take out at hwy D ready to paddle. You’ll run into someone to paddle with/ shuttle. Just don’t tell them you know me, SYOTR.

Ben

P.S.

Don’t know much about the runs out by you but there Saint boaters from the KC area

Scott
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 19

A few of us from the KC area are planning to hit the Wakarusa wave below Clinton lake in Lawrence this weekend, provided the cfs gets somewhere in the 1000 range.  It’s a great play spot, one of the very few around here.  You’re welcome to join in.

timolson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 15

I’m from KC too(Lee’s Summit), and headed to the Saint tomorrow morning. Getting an early start (6:30am or so…) to make it there for a 1pm float. Looks like it’ll be a great level sat and sun. If you’re interested in tagging along shoot me a PM.

JulieAlsberge
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

I’m from Columbia, some friends and I will be at the Saint tomorrow around 10:ish. We are doing the upper and lower. Hope to see you at millstream for half way break. I am going to Oregon in August. Would love to ask about the rivers there. I just joined Willamette kayak canoe club.

J–MO
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6

Thanks for the replies.  Will definitely be in for future trips.  Is this the best site to coordinate?  Any other sites?  Also, is there a Jackson dealer anywhere with WW boats (new or used) Sold all 3 of my boats before moving and looking to replace my Karma.

Also, how often is the playspot in Lawrence in?  Haven’t done any playboating, but maybe that is the best option around here?

Also to Julie, join the OKCC facebook page.  Tons of welcoming boaters out there.  I may still have the soggy sneakers river guide book for OR that I’d be happy to lend you if I can find it.  The Clackamas, White Salmon, N. Santiam and others have are still runnable in August and some fun runs available.  My email is j a m e s p m o s e r at y a h o o dot com if you have any questions.

JulieAlsberge
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

Alpine shop in Stlouis carries Jackson boats. Last time I was there they had a karma medium? And a LL Stomper. That was a month ago.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart