New Canoe/Kayak Magazine Column Starting Today

Home Forums General Discussion New Canoe/Kayak Magazine Column Starting Today

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike Bezemek
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 13

Hello,

I’m sorry I missed the epic summer Saint season! I was away for over 3 months and immediately afterward was working to launch a few projects.

One of them is a new online column I am writing for Canoe & Kayak Magazine called Regular Paddler, Remarkable Waters.

It launched today and the first few installments will post every few weeks before transitioning to a monthly. If you’re interested, please find it here:

http://www.canoekayak.com/skills/the-benefits-of-stepping-down-your-paddling/#rSfQrACLvIZ0gRl6.97

The column focuses on the broader experiences surrounding paddling sports, including overnights/multi-days, float trips,  sea kayaking, lakes, moderate whitewater, taking non-boaters, and the more humorous side of paddling.  Upcoming posts include destinations and subjects such as the Jacks Fork and other Ozark streams,  paddling Puerto Rico’s bio-bays, paddling in Germany, and retracing the old Powell expedition route.

I always welcome feedback or suggestions on destinations or subjects to cover, whether posted here on the message board or sent by email to: mike [at] mikebezemek [dot] com.

Thanks–and see you on the river!

Mike

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

Congratulations buddy. I extend an invitacion to come paddle the best WW in the Caribbean here in the Dominican Republic. I’ll be hosting Adam Goshorn and a few other Team Pyranha paddlers this December. Traditionally a good water month. The entire Caribbean has had a horrible drought for almost 2 years, but we are starting to get relief. I live not too far from a 10,000′ Peak, so we have been lucky as our favorite WW River, the Yaque del Norte flows from that area. Freddie

Mike Bezemek
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 13

Thanks, Freddie! I would love to come down to the DR. I can’t this winter, but maybe in 2016?

Mike

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

I am here forever Mike ! Next winter there will be extra Kayaks, so no hauling necessary. Just your other gear, paddle and and appropriate sized skirt. Have a great time with your new adventure ! Plus, remember, despues de Diciembre, it is 2016 !!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart