My new kayak rolling simulator invention

Home Forums General Discussion My new kayak rolling simulator invention

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

WHOOHOO we have water at the saint and alot!! Well Ive finally finished my invention fell free to leave comments And please be easy on the form im still getting used to it hahah! Heres the video of it its SO FUN!

JohnKuthe…
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 291

Fun!! Try rolling the kayak on that machine WITHOUT a paddle and without touching anything to help you get the KAYAK upright!!

I’ve taught a lot of beginners to roll a kayak in a pool and I have only two words of advice: head down and HIPSNAP!! That’s really all it takes.  And rolling a kayak should NOT be hard work. If you are getting tired from rolling a kayak you are not doing it correctly!

John Kuthe…

Curtis Ahlers
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 44

Please post this on boater talk

jacobsviper
        Participant

Done lol they are getting a kick out of it too lol

GootchNickels
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 90

Love it!!!

Thanks, make my day!!

jacobsviper
        Participant

Glad I could make ur day haha it’s def fun

Scott Radcliffe
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4

your all joking, right? is this a goof? am i ruining the bit by being honest with this guy? sorry if i am. this thing is udderly rediculous!!! i mean, it looks like a mid-eval torture rack designed to exert about as much pain as i indured watching that video. smh.

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

lmao !! …. It’s a hoot! suggest you get a patent,  drive around to boater putin/takeouts, give demos, sell tickets, etc.

Keep ’em comin …

— jt

jacobsviper
        Participant

Hahah if only I could pick it up and move it that would be awesome

Scott Radcliffe
      Participant

It looks like there is already a patent on file.

jacobsviper
      Participant

REALLY? Who the heck makes something like that hahah

Kathleen Pszonka
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 113

That is the best laugh I had all day. Using the 2×4 brace is the best! Thanks

jacobsviper
          Participant

Haha no prob kathy will soon have more videos of it with different ideas to help it become better

Raymond
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 56

I believe orthopedists and chiropractors refer to that contraption as a “boat payment maker” 🙂

Scott Radcliffe
        Participant

Your right, but I believe everyone else refers to it as a cry for help.

jacobsviper
        Participant

Haha! Actually other then the 2 disaster rolls in the beginning, it was easy and fun to do 🙂 the video now has 4,150 views in just a day of it being up im excited about it shane posted it on the liquid logic facebook page! It was a fun build but no practical use! Just peoples enjoyment and my accomplishments that I didnt fall on my face was worth ever second of the build haha! Thanks for ur input and watching the video!

John Foster
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 24

Okay, I loved it. Lots of fun and you were trying to do something good. Potential there.

And you can take the laughs that go along with it.

Put a cow hide on it and take it to state fairs off season.

George
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 230

Looks like a fantastic way to break or dislocate something.

RORY KING
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 18

Needs more rocks underneath.

jacobsviper
        Participant

Haha nice idea! Though about throwin the green screen behind me and doing some filming with it!

bobh
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 34

Paint the contraption green as well and the possibilities are endless!

jacobsviper
        Participant

Nice!!! Yes that would be perfect for greenscreen work

jacobsviper
      Participant

I cannot believe someone came up with exactly my idea!! Well not exactly but might as well be! I can never catch a breaK!!! And their idea is a ton better then mins 🙁

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by jacobsviper.
      jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Jviper – you need some film of rolling while wearing a go-pro!

jacobsviper
        Participant

Yes sir thats the next video

Don Dufaux
      Participant
      • Preferred Boat: Kayak
      • Total Posts: 153

I’ll bet that everyone who struggled to learn the roll (95% of us?  Maybe 99.9% of us that learned after the age of 25-30?) dreamed of having something like this while we were struggling…!

jacobsviper
        Participant

I appreciate that actually thank you I have another idea on how to make this better more of a nonwork motorized learning to learn the technique without the hassle of a continuous roll. This machine turned out to be more of a spoof funny comedy type video after I relized when I got in it how non realistic it actually was! I posted it anyways cause yeah I mean come on it turned out to be hilarious. Yes I probably could’ve gotten hurt… no I didn’t feel no back pain no it isnt by far what I expected it to be. I did though enjoy rolling it regardless of the bad technique I was using, because obviously I couldn’t perform a roll like I should. But it was really fun and I’m enjoying all the comments it amazing to have 8,000 views in 2 days some good some horrific… regardless I think in my mind I have a solid roll on the water…it needs some work in combat rolls but I really had a dream this concept would have worked out, but as i found out it’s a no go not practical but still a funny video so I posted it. I’m going back to the drawing board and going to motorize the machine to where the person can control it so theres no effort and can concentrate on being upside down and setup position… So when they feel comfortable upside down I can throw a 3ft pool of water underneath them and let them have full experience but yet still be in all control! they can learn their hip snap on the water… And I know before u say anything the hipsnap is the main thing… Yes it is but in my experiences I myself got to disoriented of what to do when I was upside down in the water. I couldn’t see I was obviously turned upside down I was confused of where I need to set up didn’t have goggles on so I can see all I wanted this machine to do was to get that muscle memory of what needs to be done in setup position. Thanks all for ur nice comments

Dan Prater
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 61

You need to have someone with a garden hose spraying you in the face to get the full effect

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart