MWC Race Question

Home Forums General Discussion MWC Race Question

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      raugberg
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

Hi all,

I would like to sign up for a race on Saturday – I was thinking the Slalom, novice class (never raced before!). All I have is a small playboat about 7 feet long. I saw that there were minimum length requirements for the classes, so my question is: am I allowed to sign up with this boat? If so, which class is right for me? Thanks.

Ross

mtlein71
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 104

Hi Ross.

You can race that boat in the novice class and in your age group class on Saturday. If you wanted to race Sunday , you could race it in the short boat class.  The cut off says 7’6″ or 3.5 meters which aren’t equal but think we go by the feet, as I have been racing my 8′ boat in the long class.

CT Mike

raugberg
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

Thanks! Am I right to assume that K1 is for kayaks and C1 and C2 are for canoes?

mtlein71
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 104

You got it.

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

oops!  Thanks Mike for identifying the typo in the on-line race registration.  Being fixed now.

Correct description for Sunday Long/Short Plastic classes are:  K1 Long ( > 7’6″ ), K1 Short ( > 7’6″ )

>3.5m only applies to K1 & C1 for the Olympic class on Saturday.  Expert, Novice & Age Group K1s are any length.

– scorebore2

JohnKuthe…
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 291

I won my only medal in the MWC in my Riot 007, a 7’2″ “catbox”, as MWAers called it (Chris Kelly I think started it!) I call my only medal my “stinkin’ medal”, 3rd place K1 men’s novice because it took me winning my stinkin’ medal to realize I had no business racing, I’m only the slowest boat in the pack!

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

And, Uncle John, always the last boat off the river ! You always did milk it for all it was worth !! You were also instumental in helping to create one of the best paddlers ever to come out of the MWA. No small feat …

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart