MR 340 Race 2015

Home Forums General Discussion MR 340 Race 2015

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Sara Wysong
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 67

The Missouri River 340 mile Race started this morning at 7am. I know there are at least 2 of our MWA members racing and others running ground support for some racers.  The 2 people I know are racing are JoJo Newbold and Di McHenry  in  women’s tandem with Chuck McHenry and Di’s Father as their ground support. I have heard that Kelly Kasten is out there running ground support for someone also but not sure who. Di and JoJo’s team name is Gurls Without Buoys #6955. You can follow them at http://raceowl.com/MR3402015. Lets cheer these girls on and share updates. If you know anyone else out in the club participating add them to the post so we can cheer them on also! For more information about the race you can also check out http://rivermiles.com/mr340/

Go Di and JoJo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You ground support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Stilwell
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

Di and JoJo – Now that’s a dynamic duo. Go girlz!

Sarah Watson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 120

RaceOwl shows JoJo and Di in the lead for the women’s division.  They are a little east of Miami.

Sarah

JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

Go Di and JoJo!!! Thanks for the link Sara. It looks like Dan Frisch is out there too in First place at the moment!!! Go Dan!!!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by JoeSartori. Reason: Because I noticed Dan was in First place!
      Sara Wysong
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 67

Looks like the girls are in second place for woman’s tandem and 29th overall but I’m sure they will come back and beat them Lone Star Gals!!! Go Di and JoJo!!!!!!! Looks like Dan is at the 4th checkpoint in Glasgow hard to tell what place he is in considering there are so many men’s solo racers, it says 93 but that out of all the divisions. Go Dan!!!!!!

coach
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 12

Just saw a male tandem at Washington.  Did not get a number but it was open boat.  The river is moving.

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

that was probably the lead boat – their tracking was off most of the day, but they would have been passing thru Washington about 3 pm.  They passed the 64-40 bridge about 20 minutes ago, and will probably hit the finish in about 90 minutes!  Or about 7 pm – which would be 35 hours, or nearly 2 hours faster than the previous record.

Men’s Tandem Race Team: Riverfitness, Racers: Phil Bowden & Chris Issendorf finished at 6:34 pm, in 34 hrs & 34 mins, 2:14 faster than the prior Tandem record!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by jw.
      jw

if they continue as they are going, it looks like Jo & Di will hit Herman about 8 pm, Washington at 11 pm.

Looks like Di & Jo spent some time near Chamois, and will be at Washington closer to 12:30 am.

Others’ times from the Herman checkpoint to Klondike are around 5 hours, and from there to the finish another 3 or so.  Jo & Di left Herman at 9:40 pm, so they should hit Klondike about 3 am, and the finish by 6 am (without further delays).  GO GIRLS!

It looks like the Lone Star Gals, women’s Tandem team ahead of Jo & Di, will hit Washington in about an hour or 6:30 pm.

The Lone Star Gals finished at 10:43 pm, total time 38 hrs 43 min, nearly 6 hrs faster than the previous record!

jw

Looks like the Superwoman duo of Jo & Di finished at 6:34 am this morning, 26th overall, in 46 hrs 34 min.  (interestingly, 12 hours after the 1st place finisher, a Men’s tandem boat).  Looks like they are 2nd place in Womens Tandem.  Just ahead of the first solo Woman, and about 500 other paddlers!

Dan Frisch left the Jeff City checkpoint about 2 am.  Looks like paddlers in that time frame are reaching next checkpoint at Hermann in 8-12 hours, so he could be there by 10 am-2pm today.  However, it looks like several paddlers stopped last night for ~6 hrs between Jeff City & Hermann, so if he stopped that would add to his arrival time.  Then 6+ hrs to Klondike, 3+ hrs to the finish.  Go Dan!!

jw

Dan did the Jeff City-Hermann leg in 7.5 hours, so he didn’t stop overnight!  Left Hermann at 9:27.  Go Dan!

JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

WOW!!! Way to go JoJo and Di! GOOOOOO DAN!
      The river is certainly at one of the highest leveles for the MR340, helping racers realize those fast times. The river dropped four feet from “Minor” flooding just days before the race start. By the end of the week, the NWS river level predictor shows the Mo River at St. Charles rising back into the “Action” level.

Sarah Watson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 120

Congratulations Di and JoJo!!  You ladies did awesome!!!

Looks like Dan finished around 7pm tonight.  Congratulations, Dan!!

Janet
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2

I’ve been looking for names to recognize. I didn’t see their names (because I didn’t know their team name) but I see someone named John Foster who left Klondike this morning. Is that our John Foster??

glo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 15

I just saw this now.   A late but  big   Congratulations Di and JoJo.      It would be satisfying and fulfilling  feeling   just to go in this race. I cant imagine paddling this far. But to place second  in your division , Wow !                                                                                                                                                                                  _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________”Some are just born as Water children. They love,feel and dance with the water. May it heal your soul and set your spirt free. Wild child. Water child. Allways”

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by glo.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart