I had some gear stolen…

Home Forums General Discussion I had some gear stolen…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Raymond
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 56

Yesterday, somebody took my gear bag from the bed of my truck while I was at work, at NOC. In it there was:

1 G’Power Twister slalom padde size L, only 4 of these were ever sold in the USA

1 Nantahala Outdoor Center Astral Green Jacket, only 12 of these were ever made, its yellow and blue with employee badging.

1 Sweet Rocker half cut helmet, large/black

2 Immersion Research skirts, Klingon versions, XXL cockpit and L cockpits

1 Salamander throwbag with my name on it

1 NRS NOC logoed gear bag.

If you see these anywhere, please let me know.

Thanks,

Raymond

Jason Cummings
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 17

We will be at NOC on saturday. I’ll keep a lookout

JulieAlsberge
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

I know your pain! Will be at NOC area for week of rivers. We will be watching for your gear and my boat!

Steve Stilwell
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

Sorry to hear this news Raymond. Major bummer! People are unbelievable. Sure hope everything is recovered!

Jon Bentley
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

Sorry to hear it man. That sucks something fierce. I talked to Julie about the theft of their two boats a few weeks back. What is with the stealing? Are these isolated incidents or does this happen all the time with other paddlers? Do you guys think its other boaters that are doing this and if so is there anyway we can petition the parks to get some parking cameras or signs indicating surveillance at the parking spots. Would it be illegal at Millstream to slap on some cheap motion activated wildlife cameras on the trees close to our vehicles?

Raymond If I were you, I would check the local craigslist or pawn shops, might get lucky. Hopefully something will turn up or somebody gets caught doing this. Sorry again man.

jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Raymond Im sorry to hear about the theft! People are ruthless! One great thing about this is the equipment you have is rare and very noticeable! I sure hope you get them recovered. For those who wonder why the theft is getting so bad latley is kayakin is becoming such a popular sport to the non whitewater kayakers (recreational boaters) that want to advance into whitwater, I feel that they are freaking doing anything and everything to get good equipment due to the cost! Ive recently bought locks for all my equipment! Yes I know that locks can be cut, atleast I have that security, to where if they attempt to steal! They are going to have to Work to get my equipment! I dont have much but what I have cost an arm and a leg. Like prior posts I would watch craiglist and local pawn shops. Id actually call them now to alert them if anyone attempts to call or come in and sell them to call police immediately! Wish you the best of luck buddy!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by jacobsviper.
      Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

It is nothing new ! People have always stolen boats and gear …. I think it is actually more rare now, if anything. Better locks and security now a daze ! Rat ass thieves and hooligans are also not new …. People steal chit worth money. Sorry Ray-Ray. Hope you spot some moron sporting your gear ! Look during GAF !

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart