How to initiate stern stall

Home Forums General Discussion How to initiate stern stall

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

So this is how I initiated my stern to attempt my stern stall. I know my technique needs work and it might not be the correct way but This is how im doing it, it feels comfortable for me. free to correct but dont be class V super boaters on me lol, as im still learning thanks guys enjoy the video. Again this is a video to show a new person to playboating a idea of how im trying to learn im not saying THIS IS HOW ITS PERFORMED.. just easier for me to initiate the stern so thought id share!

Raymond
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 56

Rock Island Kayaking

Here is a link to a photo album on my FB that has some stills of a flat water stern squirt sequence. This is how I initiate a stern squirt/stall.

I think most folks use the double pump method, that works too, I just prefer the way I do it because you can get the pirouette spin as well 🙂

1.Paddle in a straight line at speed

2. Take one big forward sweep on one side, then edge the boat to that side, while reverse sweeping on the other

3. Lean back immediately. This is one of the more confusing aspects of the stern stall. To get the bow to go away from you and you not just fall over backwards, you need to “lay back” so to speak. This causes your feet/legs to push the boat back upright.

From there just find your balance point and use your stick behind your head to keep things level. Just be careful about your shoulders. You’re definitely not in “the box” at this point 🙂

There isn’t anything wrong with the way you are doing it. Since you’re top heavy, using that mass to throw the boat around is pretty effective. A 100 pounder might not find your way as effective. Just always remember to be mindful of putting force on joints in compromised positions…especially with roll trainers 😀

Also, I suck at playboating, so take this advice for what it is 😛 If you ever need info on boofing/stroke technique/long boating, I’ll be of much better use.

Keep up the drive!

-Raymond

jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

That’s awesome thankyou for ur time bro! Next run ill try it. Haha I need to make another video with the rolling device since the other one got deleted 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart