HeroLine Fail; Cheoah River

Home Forums General Discussion HeroLine Fail; Cheoah River

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

Had a chance to get back on the Cheaoh River last Saturday;   After a few laps, I found myself hoovering above the lip of Bear Creek Falls left side.    After scouting over my shoulder at the landing zone on the Left Line Vertical drop, I caught a glimpse of the ‘hero-line” that cuts back behind the usual schmear rock at the entrance to BearCreek’s Center Right Line.

I thought to myself that there would be no better time for me to try the sketchy move than in my brothers brand spankin new mamba    🙂

I entered with confidence, but as soon as I approached the area behind the rock, I thought I was in for a bad time.   The seam that runs back towards the vertical drop landing zone was far bigger than I expected.  I pulled a desperate mega boof to try to clear the seam, and fortunately was able to dry out on a center rock…

From there, I took one glimpse over my shoulder and saw the nasty little crevace of doom calling my name and decided there was NO WAY in hell I was going to let my boat slip any further backwards…

Pulled myself up on the rock and had to do the Launch of Shame into the pool below.

https://youtu.be/g6IT7f7vHgQ

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Awesome clip Chris. I always love seeing your videos pop up in my subscriptions.

CJW4D
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 313

thanks dan,  glad you enjoy them;   as soon as some water starts hitting down there, lets get a Tellico trip brewin!

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

Chris —  I really liked your video also.  I admire paddlers who are willing to showcase the bad with the good.  I don’t think your line was as much a “fail” as a minor miscalculation.

I liked your audience too, i.e. the group of gremlins lurking upstream in the dark eddy on river left.  It’s important to make eye contact with those folks for traffic control … 2 boats can’t occupy the same space at same time 🙂

Keep em coming!

Dave
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

Thanks for sharing. I watched some of your other videos too and you’re really given it hell! Keep em coming.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart