Hello MWA

Home Forums General Discussion Hello MWA

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Shane Whitley
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2

Howdy everyone.  Just wanted to introduce myself.  I live in Fort Worth and just joined up.  An instructor of mine last year in the Arkansas Canoe Club called me up and told me the MWA is a great group blessed with a special river – looking forward to attending the clinic in April and meeting you all!  I’d attach a profile photo, but for some reason I keep getting an error message.  Anyone resolved this issue on their end?  Best wishes to all, Shane.

DAVID DICKSON
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 49

Hello Shane and welcome. You are in for a lot of fun with a great paddling community.

Dave Dickson

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Total Posts: 8

Welcome! I am new member myself. I think to get a profile pic, you need to use gravatar or something like that. The upload to website does not work for me either.

Not sure where you are located, but I am in St. Charles and do ‘urban’ kayaking if you’re into that dirty water kind of thing. Will see you at the clinic! Chris

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Welcome Shane! Glad to have you. The forum is still used by some to post when people are meeting at the river, but most people use the mwa Facebook page. One of the main reasons I even have Facebook. See ya at the clinic and don’t forget to come to the races. If you aren’t going to race, you should volunteer! I did my first year and it was a great way to meet everyone.

Shane Whitley
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2

Thanks for the replies and nice to meet you Dave, Chris and Dan.  Thanks, Dan, for the heads up on using the FB page.  Wish I could attend the races, too, but getting away from work is limiting.  Not sure how far the drive is from Fort Worth, but I’m guessing 10-12.  Already got a campsite reserved.  So ready to get back in the saddle!  I recently had a surgery, so the clinic might be my first real paddle since August in Colorado.  Time to dust off the cobwebs.  Ha ha.

JulieAlsberge
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

Welcome! I’ll be present at races and clinic. Look forward to meeting you. Definitely join the Facebook page

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart