GAF gas Update

Home Forums General Discussion GAF gas Update

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jw
      • Total Posts: 679

It doesn’t look like anything besides the Nantahala (& Ocoee) will be running.  Nolichucky, French Broad, Tellico, Chattanooga are all marked as “too low” on the AW website, and there is no rain in sight.  So it looks like Nantahala on Friday, for whoever is there, Upper & Lower Nantahala for Saturday, and Ocoee for Sunday.  FYI the Upper Nantahala (& Cascades section, for the much better boaters) will have releases targeting 300 cfs on Saturday 10am-5pm & 450 cfs Sunday 10-3, 250 cfs 3-5.

BTW – I don’t have a good idea of who might be there to paddle on Friday, so let me know if you will be there.  Or look for me at breakfast at the Rivers End.  Except last year it was closed on Friday morning (WHAT?!)  So either there or Slow Joe’s.

The weather in Bryson City is forecast to be sunny, with highs in the mid 80s, lows just under 60.  Count on less sun in the gorge, and subtract a few degrees for NOC location (and a few more degrees near the water!).

The pipeline bypass has supposedly been completed and gas is reportedly flowing, but there still may be a few places where gas is in limited supply.  Hopefully that will clear up by the weekend.  Don’t let your tank get too low!!

See you at Slow Joe’s!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by jw.
      jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Gas was available most places on the way in to NOC. A few flavor so we’re out, mostly hi test. There was gas along 74-64, duck town & in NC. Cheaper in TN of course.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart