GAF Travel Alert!

Home Forums General Discussion GAF Travel Alert!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Be advised that North Carolina & surrounding states have declared a “state of emergency” about the availability of gasoline in coming days.  Due to a break in the Colonial pipeline in Alabama, gas supplies to the southeast have been disrupted.  Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, Alabama & Tennessee are also affected.

Gas shortages in Southeast US

Gas prices in NC have started to jump up a bit, but not yet considered “price gouging”.  The bigger problem is availability – some chains are reporting having no unleaded gas.  And people are overbuying when gas is available.

freaking out in Asheville

I’ll keep & eye on the situation & post here.  I’ll also contact NOC to see if they have any concerns about GAF.

Usually we just have to worry about WATER shortages!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by jw.
      jw
      • Total Posts: 679

response to my email to NOC reservations folks regarding gas shortages & potential for affecting GAF:

Hi Jim!!  There is no chance of GAF being cancelled.  There are some shortages of gas, a few stations out, but mostly it is a case of gas going up $2-3 bucks a gallon!!  If it should get worse this week, I will let you know.  That being said, I wouldn’t run the tank down to nothing before I stopped for gas.  You could certainly see some stations closed by the end of the week.

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Thanks Jim for the update. That sucks. I’m planning out my gas stops now.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart