Floatation Suggestion

Home Forums General Discussion Floatation Suggestion

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dean Zeisset
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

What size stern bags for a Jackson Hero?  Jackson’s website has a stern bag that’s 40″ but the stern only measures about 30″ to the back of the seat.  Need room for a throw bag and lunch.

Thanks,

Dean

“Wild Bill” Miles
      Participant
      • Preferred Boat: Canoe
      • Years Paddling: 30
      • Total Posts: 50

in a pinch you can use a beach ball if you need some asp!!!  any flotation is beter than no floatation.  just a thought

Michael Dee
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 138

For my program, I have all sorts of boats and all sorts of stern bags. I just tie an overhand knot in any bags that are too long and untie them when I’m done. Like Bill said, anything at all helps.

bobh
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 34

Jackson used to make a U-shaped float specifically for the Hero, very similar to the Fun Float currently on their website. I have one and it works great (it’s been thoroughly tested). I pack a breakdown paddle and dry bag under it. You may want to contact them to see if they’re still available or if the Fun Float would fit.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by bobh.
      Jason Cummings
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 17

I recently tried putting fun floats in a zen with poor results. They were difficult to install and then I couldn’t reach the fill valve to blow them up. Not the best choice.  With the Jackson stern bags you can put your gear in then blow them up around your gear.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart