Filmy Fest 2017

Home Forums General Discussion Filmy Fest 2017

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bilbo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 159

Filmy Fest is Saturday, November 4, and if you remember, it has and will always be the first Saturday in November.  Playlist starts at 3PM, ends midnightish, quiet time pretty firmly midnight, camping available.  This also serves as a call for locally produced videos involving whitewater and/or the MWA, and you must have content to me no later than October 30 in order to get into the playlist (mp4 or mov preferable, res at least 720).

Directions will be given to those who email me at bilbo@pyranhaus.com up to 9AM 11/4.  After that Julie and I are officially road biking locally (if you want to join us email with intent), then partying in the barn and our phones will be off, although my kids are exempt from that rule, so you may get lucky there.  Food theme is still being considered, and the beer choices this year include Sorachi Ace Hop Trial, Double IPA, and White Lager.

Filmy Fest is an extension of a yearly party we had in our old place in Jonesburg, MO from 1998 to 2005, known as Foamie Fest, where we had a 250 foot miniature whitewater course and a foamie boat race for time.  My place in New Melle is flat, so I am showing the best of the films that I judged this year at the National Paddling Film Festival in February, along with some other notable choices of 2017, and as many quality local video projects as is possible to squeeze in to 9 hours.  We have been doing this since 2006, so it is the 12th fest we have hosted.

The event is kid friendly as long as not abandoned, due to endless temptation.  Sorry, zip line has been taken down, but trampoline is still in fine shape. Pet friendly-ish, considering said pet’s adaptation to crowds, open food bars and territorial rural pets.  If there is a question about either, default to not bringing distractions.

Emails to bilbo@pyranhaus.com will be welcomed (again, up to 9AM 10/4) for questions regarding directions and sides to bring and will serve as RSVP, unless you are staple regulars, which have never needed such formality.
      Bill, Julie and Nat (Nate is stuck in Chattanooga)

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Bilbo.
      Bilbo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 159

Food theme is simply Barbecue Pulled Pork and Italian beef sandwiches, bring your favorite sides.

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

Bill & Julie — Thanks for the wonderful hospitality at Filmy Fest!  The main course was simply delicious and the side dishes were great 🙂 .  For my money, you can continue to have Snickers, KitKats, Hershey Bars, etc at all future parties.  Saw a lot of old/young friends that haven’t seen in a long time.  The videos were so exciting that I almost peed in my pants watching them.  Thanks again for a most excellent party!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart