Custom Kayak Trailer For Sale (holds 6 yaks + gear)

Home Forums Gear Exchange Custom Kayak Trailer For Sale (holds 6 yaks + gear)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Nathan Schandl
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 7

Hey Guys and Gals!

$1,900.

Quality custom-made kayak trailer in great shape. Perfect for transporting up to 6 kayaks with all of your gear stored below in the cargo area! Licensed and legal with all trailer lights in working order. Title in hand and ready to sign over to new owner. It was manufactured and painted professionally at an auto body repair shop less than 3 years ago.

* Added bonus: Trailer hitch on rear of the trailer (designed for a bike rack, but can be utilized to tow anything else you want to hitch to the back of it)!

Trailer Specs:
      • Total Length (including tongue): 13 feet
      • Total Width (Including wheels): 5.5 feet
      • Total Height: 7.5 feet
      • Total Weight: Exact weight unknown. . .Very light
      • Can be stored easily in a single car garage
      o All lights and blinkers work flawlessly
      • Cargo Space:
      o Dimensions: 4′ wide x 8′ long x 13″ high (the height of most coolers)
      o Pressure treated pine cargo side panels
      o Expanded metal floor to allow for drainage
      • 4 Stainless steel eyelets on rack bars to tie down kayaks with ratchet straps
      • 3 steel racks
      • 5 total trailer wheels
      o 3 wheels are on the trailer (2 on trailer, 1 mounted as spare)
      o 2 brand new extra wheels/tires
      • Including a small trailer jack
      + Has a retractable trailer tongue wheel

Any questions, just ask!

** USAGE WITH CANOES?? — While we have not attempted to transport canoes with this, I am fairly certain it would accommodate at least 1-2 canoes on the top row. My guess is that the bottom rows do not provide enough clearance. However, I cannot say for sure. . . I have never tried to put canoes on it. Anyone with canoes that would like to try them out on it is welcome to do so before they buy.

Thanks,

Nathan

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Nathan Schandl. Reason: Could't figure out how to post picture
      • This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Nathan Schandl.
      • This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Nathan Schandl.
      • This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Nathan Schandl. Reason: FINALLY - Figured out how to add pictures!
      Nathan Schandl
      Participant

Hey Fellow Yackers!

In an effort to find a buyer by the end of this coming weekend (and in honor of this beautiful sunny weather we have), I’ve decided to drop the price by $150 (new price $1,750)!

Can’t go much lower than that, because I think that’s what I paid to build it. But hoping this will get my fellow paddlers calling/emailing.

Thanks everyone, and please feel free to contact me with any questions or to set up a time to come take a look!

Nathan

CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

Damn!  Thats my dream come true;  Let me see what I can do!

Nathan Schandl
        Participant

Haha. Yes sir/ma’am. It was a dream come true for my buddies and I too at one point. But they all stopped paddling! Talk to your friends that you float with…maybe one (or several) might want to go in on it with you.

Here is a link to my ad on craigslist that shows some more pictures of it in case you want to see more of it: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/bpo/5406442963.html

Nathan Schandl
      Participant

No takers yet? — Let’s do an MWA special…I’ll take off another $150…. $1,600 new asking price. This is less than what it cost to build it, but I have a new camper to buy next weekend so I am motivated to move it ASAP. New toys calling my name type of motivation. I know this group knows the feeling. I’ll be here all weekend!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart