conservation committee notes 10/16

Home Forums General Discussion conservation committee notes 10/16

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jeff clawges
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 70

More conservation stuff… Trying to get caught up. I know this is late notice but the Des Peres river trash bash is happening next Saturday 10/22 Check it out here

St. Louis Open Space Council River des Peres Trash Bash ~ Fall Clean Ups – St. Louis Open Space Council (openspacestl.org)

We are in the planning stage of a Saint Clean up and need some input. This is what we are thinking so far. Possibly the 19th of November to avoid Thanksgiving conflict. Here is what we’re thinking so far..

Clean the access at Roselle, Millstream, Fishermans, Silvermines and Thompson Ford. These are all land based. Depending on water level we could try to do some on river stuff upstream of Roselle. Downstream is class 2 whitewater. Water level will determine if this is possible. Depending on the response we may combine this event with some trail maintenance on the Silvermine trail.

I’d like to get an idea of interest as soon as possible. Please let me know what you think.

Clean water matters, Your actions matter, “We are all upstream from someone…”

SYOTR!
      Jeff

oldmanriver
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 92

If the river remains very low it might be possible to pull trash from the river bed and pile it on the side so when the river goes up we could pick it up with canoes and or rafts. this is probably most easily done from millstream to highway D takeout.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart