Chain

Home Forums General Discussion Chain

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

Anyone been paddling the chain? Just noticed that it is at a good level. I would be interested in a weekend run.

JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

Hey Dave, the bridge to the Chain (the one over the canal) is closed until the 18th. I am probably going to be out of town the 19th and 20th, but after that would hope to be getting back out there. I haven’t been getting out here to the board regularly, text msg is the best way to communicate.

Jonathan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 46

I logged in just to see if ANYONE was interested in showing me the Chain.  I’m a recent transplant to the area, about 60 minutes away.  All work and no play makes me soft…I want to try to make the Chain a regular thing if I can find some folks to run with.  I’m a solid boater, as long as I can find a way to get in my boat.

I’m also thinking of a trip Oct 16-20 to wherever there’s water.  Once colder weather/wetter conditions hit, I’ll plan on more serious Saint excursions and several trips to my old stomping grounds in NC/TN.

Please keep me in the loop.

Michael Dee
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 138

I’d be happy to show you sometime. Joe and I were out there just over a week ago when the level was a shade over 9′, and it was great–Cobblestone was especially fun and there were tons of surf-on-the-fly opportunities. I’m pretty booked with weekend programs for school until after the first week of October now, but after that, I’ll be eager to get back out there.

JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

I am looking to hit the Chain tomorrow around 4PM. I may not see a reply here. If you are interested, text me at 636-699-2711 so I know for sure in case my plans change.  Chuck, Dave, WildBill, TinyFrogs?

Jonathan
      Participant

Thanks guys.  I texted Joe.  Please keep me in mind.  I need at least 2 hours lead time to pack and make drive.

davej
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 16

We ran the Trolls in sea kayaks on Saturday (19th) afternoon at 8.7ft.

davej
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 16

Who wrote this?

River Log

John Tansil
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 206

If you click on the link “about us” at the bottom of the referenced link, it tells you who wrote it

About Us

Jonathan
      Participant

Joe and I had a good run last Saturday afternoon at about 8.7′. Rookiea and Primo were both pretty good, although the eddy at Primos was quiet snakey. Cobblestones was keeper-y at this level and not worth the trouble.

I am interested in going out again on any and (almost) every weekend that it is runnable.  Like this coming weekend?  Any takers?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Jonathan.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart