Chain of Rocks

Home Forums General Discussion Chain of Rocks

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      raugberg
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

I know there have been discussions about this in the past, but what’s the deal with paddling at chain of rocks? Do people actually do it? If it’s a thing, I would like to check it out sometime with someone who is familiar with it. Maybe next week after work if the river is the right level?

Ross

Michael Dee
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 138

I’ve been keeping a close eye on the level and can’t wait to get out there again. I’d be happy to show you around out there provided you’re Class III proficient and have a bomb-proof roll (swims out there can be really long, and they can carry you so far from the fun play spots that they can end the day).

raugberg
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

That would be great! What level is a good level to go?

Whenever you’re thinking to go let me know. Call/text 7632284555

Michael Dee
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 138

I start thinking about it when it drops below 10′ on the St. Louis gauge. I think Primo, one of the best surf waves, starts to appear at about 6′, but I’m not sure about that. I’m often surprised. I’ve paddled it below zero and had fun. Joe Sartori has a much better sense of how the levels correlate to features.

JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

Hey Ross, I think you will love the Chain. I put your number in my phone. Looks like we still have a bit of a wait! Michael, hopefully the Chain comes in before school starts.

Jonathan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 46

Bump. Subbed. Joe, please keep me in the loop.

JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

you bet Jonathan!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart