Cedar Hill

Home Forums General Discussion Cedar Hill

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      andykravetz
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 30

Is that still a thing? I am looking for something easy for my kids to do (they are learning), that’s one step above a lake but not necessarily on a river like the Meremac. Cedar Hill offers little in the way of consequence if I remember it right and is relatively close by. I was thinking about heading there on Friday or Saturday. Thoughts? And would anyone like to come paddle with Noah and I if I can make this work.

Andy in Peoria

mtlein71
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 104

Hi Andy,

We had our swift water class at Morse Mill and Cedar Hill a few years ago, I think both would work for you.  My son Jack and I also ran a little drop at Byrnes Mill Park which is not far from 3o near House Springs.  That spot had a little surf wave as well.  I have been interested in getting out with Jack as well.  We could probably make Friday morning.  Later in the day these spots fill up with a lot of locals.

CT Mike

860-three six seven-5054

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by mtlein71.
      andykravetz
      Participant

It’s looking like Saturday morning might be better for me if we can even go at all. The thing is the weather and his mother who might not want him to go if it is raining. Moms…. 🙂

mtlein71
      Participant

No worries.  Jack has golf late Saturday morning.  I think he mostly needs to work on his wet exit with a skirt, which we could do in a lake or pool anyway.  Well catch you guys next time.

andykravetz
      Participant

Plus, I am betting the Big and other rivers are really high (read: the rapids are gone) due to the rain and the backup from the Meremac and the Mississippi.  I might go to the lake near the Outlet malls in the Chesterfield Valley. We have been there and while I hate the walk in and out (I carry all the boats), it’s not a bad place to learn.

mtlein71
      Participant

We could hit the lake in CV on our way back from golf Sat. probably at around 1:30.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart