Camping at Breaks Park/Russell Fork

Home Forums General Discussion Camping at Breaks Park/Russell Fork

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Raymond
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 56

So in the past they had been pretty tough about putting multiple tents on a site, charging for each tent. It still says on one of their rule pamphlets that 1 tent/1 site.

This weekend we had 3 tents at our site in loop D. Thought we would just chance it since so little info actually talks about the rule. The campground hosts in that loop were the nicest folks ever, never said a word, and even told us to just take our time when we didn’t get out until after our “check out” time. A ranger truck even drove by as all 4 of us sat around and all our tents are up.

I can’t guarantee everyone would have the same experience, but they were really friendly to us this weekend. I think the park is hurting for revenue and they don’t want to spoil it anymore than they have to. The park was practically empty this weekend, I think mostly to the cold low temps. We were the only tents in the entire loop, even only one other RV besides the host.

I wish my pal Freddie had been there to sit around the campfire with some root beer 🙂

P.S. The Russell Fork is a great river with many sections from II to V. Folks should come enjoy the boating, fall colors and the real Appalachian culture.

-Raymond

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

Good to hear that buddy ! I sure do miss our fall sojourns to the Russell Fork. (Butt not the Cold!) did you see any of our Bluegrass Whitewater folks ? Team Pyranha boys coming here in December. Adam G. Says that SW Air flies boats to Punta Cana Airport for $75 …. Food for thought ! Come on down and I’ll drive there to pick you up …

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart