Asking for the river level

Home Forums General Discussion Asking for the river level

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      chris
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 24

As Casara and I worked on the new Saint gauge (see top-right of this site), I decided I would continue that work and build a river checker program for my Amazon Echo.

I did and if you own an Echo, you can enable the Alexa skill for yours.

You: “Alexa, enable River Runner.” (You only have to do this once.)

You: “Alexa, open River Runner.”

Alexa: “Welcome to River Runner. I can tell you the current level for the Saint Francis river in Missouri. In the future, I will learn about more rivers. Would you like to hear about the current level?”

You: “Yes.”

Alexa: “The current level for the Saint Francis is 2.88. The level on the highway D bridge gauge is -1.9 inches.”

You can short cut it by saying: “Alexa, ask River Runner what the current level is.”

Unfortunately, with the low water, it’s not all that exciting right now, but if you own an Echo, give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

-Chris

badgadjit1
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3

Just tried it! This is awesome! Thanks for creating it!

Jason Robinson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 88

Don’t have an Echo, but cool project.

By the way:  Thanks for fixing the MWA gage widget!

Not exactly sure why I made this, but I was geekin out on the data available on USACE page and tracked the last rain event.  Paddlers Gage #’s are by calculation only not actual observed gage reading.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Jason Robinson. Reason: Table no show, change to jpg
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart