Anyone still needing to do an instructor update?

Home Forums General Discussion Anyone still needing to do an instructor update?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      John Foster
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 24

I am checking into going to NOC this summer or fall and want to see if anyone else needs it.

Eric Roush
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 28

John, I recertified last spring when John Holdmeier had someone from ACA come here. But I thought I’d share something with you that I didn’t know. I knew I was recert’ing early because my certification didn’t expire until 12/2016. But I couldn’t pass up the chance to recert here rather than have to drive a long way to do it somewhere else. Afterwards I kept expecting to see my new recert date change to 4 years from the date of my recert – it didn’t. So I contacted ACA and asked them why. This is what they told me: “…you have met the recertification requirements. However, certifications are audited on a four year certification cycle – which means that you can take your update at any time during those four years, but your certification retains its original expiration date until the end of 2016.

What this means: you get “more” certification time. Instead of expiring four years from whenever you complete your update, your certification expires four years from the initial expiration date itself. This coming December you will receive a brand new certification which shows an expiration date of 12/31/2020.

Therefore, you will not be receiving a new expiration date/card until this December.”

If you already knew this, fine, but it was news to me and I’ll bet there are other instructors in our group who also didn’t know this. So I just wanted to share.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart