aca instructor training??

Home Forums General Discussion aca instructor training??

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      “Wild Bill” Miles
      Participant
      • Preferred Boat: Canoe
      • Years Paddling: 30
      • Total Posts: 50

I would love to get trained as an instructor. Would there be enough others in the area and club to hold a training or should i look elsewhere??   For both canoe and kayak.

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Hey Wild Bill –

You are in luck!  We are organizing both kayak and canoe instructor training in the area, between the races & the clinic.  Best of all, MWA is going to subsidize it.

I think they talked about this at the MWA meeting 2 weeks ago – I don’t know why someone hasn’t posted more info yet.

RJ Forth is going to do the Level 4 Whitewater Canoe training.  The last word I had from him included these details:

Dates:  March 23-25th  Instructor Development Workshop (IDW)

April 13-15th Instructor Certification Exam (ICE)

Venue:  St. Francis River

Cost:  $550 per candidate (If the course reaches its max (10) the cost will be $500 per candidate).  MWA will pay 1/3 up front, and rebate you 1/3 for each clinic you teach at (starting with 2018).  

I will email his contact info to you.

Ty Tuff is going to do the Kayak instruction.  I wasn’t at the meeting so I don’t have those details, but I’ll see what I can find out & post it here.

I’m guessing you’ll have to “pick one” as the training will likely overlap.

– jw

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by jw.
      “Wild Bill” Miles
      Participant
      • Preferred Boat: Canoe
      • Years Paddling: 30
      • Total Posts: 50

thanks  I will look forward to more info

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart