? about St Francis and Stouts

Home Forums General Discussion ? about St Francis and Stouts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sarah zajicek
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4

Hi. I am a WW canoer from PA and will be in St louis area week of 7/4. I have family who want me to take them paddling and looks like class I-II sections of the  St Francis, Stouts and Little St Francis are going to be good for them.   I’ll have one in a ducky and the other one is going to be in the bow of my octane 92.  Any issues we should know about?   strainers or such.  Any issues with put in and take outs?  and whats the minimum flows to run them? I know for our rivers here what AW says is ‘unrunnable’ is usually not the case.   Thanks for the help.

sarah z

Dean Zeisset
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

Sarah, the AW is pretty spot on, as far as “unrunnable”, on the watershed here.  This time of year dries up reeeeeeally fast.  We’ve been fortunate this spring with all the rains.  The week of July 4th may be pushing it, but hey…..I’ll root for it.

The St. Francis is our main run here.  It’s definitely the last thing running, with any challenge to it, when levels are low.  Stouts is a tributary to the St. Francis and is runnable the day of, or after, a good rain.  The Little St. Francis may be a bit boring for ya.  Of course, it’s all what you’re looking for.

Give me a call before next Tuesday and I can give you some more details.  I’m leaving on the 23rd for Ottawa, Ontario.  I’ll be back the 1st of July.  I’m sure there’d be a couple of us open boaters that’d be happy to paddle with you if there’s water.

Dean   3-one-4  eight-2-five  2-six-3-six

sarah zajicek
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4

That sounds great. I am on the middle fork of the salmon river in idaho and will be back off river on 7/1 and will be starting my way to St Louis. I will touch base with you. have fun in ottowa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart