5/18 and 5/19 Paddling

Home Forums General Discussion 5/18 and 5/19 Paddling

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Brad Davis
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 21

I’m a first year paddler looking for some folks to paddle with this weekend. My group did the upper and the lower (minus Cat’s Paw) during the clinic, and I feel comfortable running either, or both, again as long as I have a few, more experienced, paddlers with me. Saturday is my 45th birthday, and I can’t think of a better way of celebrating than to paddle and make some new friends. Thanks in advance.

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

I can only go Friday at 1pm but with the beautiful forecast, the parking lot at D will be full with people. Show up at 10am and make some friends. Have fun!

Brad Davis
      Participant

Thank you Dagger Dan. I’ve been told that by a few people, but at my age, I just like to have things lined up ahead of time…haha. I hope to get the chance to paddle with you one of these days.

DaggerDan
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 413

Hope to paddle with you too someday Brad. Learn from my mistake, roll and roll even more on 80deg days. You want a solid roll BEFORE it gets cold. Find some patient people and set up some T rescues until you get down pat.

Cgagnon
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 41

I will vouch for Brad good guy, shouldn’t have much issue on the lower.  Won’t have any if he remembers to keep his head down on his roll.  Brad keep your head down.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Cgagnon.
      Brad Davis
      Participant

Chris Gagnon I know, right? I knew better, but natural instinct took over. I’ll get it soon. After popping out of my thigh brace two times in a row, I tightened myself up in the boat. Hopefully that won’t be a problem any more. Thanks again for everything you did during the clinic. You and Scott both inspired confidence. Best weekend I’ve had in a long time.

JulieAlsberge
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

I’ll be there Friday and Saturday.

Brad Davis
        Participant

I’ll be there Saturday and Sunday. I have one other person I know that will be there Saturday who is bringing some other people from the clinic. This is my first time at the river other than the clinic, and I’m just trying to make some new friends and hopefully find someone willing to help a first year paddler learn the river. It would be nice to meet you.

jstanec
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4

I plan on heading down this weekend too. I have been on class 3 to 5 before but I have never kayaked the St Francis before and I may be a little rusty.  Hoping to link up with some folks who can show me the lines.  Brad… happy to link up with you if you want to but not sure how much help I’ll be.

Brad Davis
        Participant

I’ll be paddling Saturday and Sunday and would be glad to meet and paddle with you. I do not know the lines very well on the St. Francis, but I was hoping I could find a paddler with more experience on the river to help out in that respect. I have a friend that I made during the clinic who will be there Saturday also, so might be able to join in with his group.

jeff clawges
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 70

I’ll be down Sat/Sun.. We’ll be in the campground Saturday Evening.

Brad Davis
        Participant

Jeff, we will be camping Saturday night at the campground also. I’ve seen your name on here several times, so I’m assuming you are very active in the MWA. I hope I get the chance to meet you this weekend.

Brad Davis
      Participant

Thanks everyone for your replies. I’ll try to respond more to everyone tonight after I get off of work.

Jonathan Wiegraffe
      Participant
      • Preferred Boat: Kayak
      • Years Paddling: 10
      • Total Posts: 8

Hey Brad!

I’ll be heading down Saturday morning with a few folks from the clinic as well. What time are you going to be there?

-Jon

Brad Davis
        Participant

Jon, I can be there any time, but it seems like 10 AM is the time everyone always mentions. We will be camping Saturday night, so any time on Sunday would work too.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart