2016 Membership (& update for Clinic memberships)

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Membership (& update for Clinic memberships)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Greetings everyone!

By now you should have received an email from the Constant Contact list announcing that our membership process is now on-line, and active.  (Thanks so much to Casara for working out the details!!)

You can go to the “Join MWA” page at http://missouriwhitewater.org/about/membership/ and renew, or sign up for the first time.   Your existing information should be there (most of it anyway), based on past membership applications.  And you can update it at any time, yourself, by just logging in and going to your profile page.

Best of all, you’ll be able to print a pdf directory of current members whenever you need one.  (Sorry, but we haven’t figured out how to print those little booklets, with a cover – but someday…)

Note that we expect one primary family member to manage your family membership – in other words, we haven’t totally figured out how to link family members who have multiple website logins.  This is a work in process.

When you join or renew, you’ll find an updated membership waiver (with a media release!), and you can pay for your individual, family or sponsoring membership on-line, connecting to PayPal.  (You don’t need a PayPal account, but can pay with a credit card there.)

The process for ACA membership is updated too – we’re sending you directly to ACA to renew or join, and you still get our PaddleAmerica Club discount (saving $10 off an individual or family membership).  While this will be an additional transaction for you, it will also eliminate any “delay time” in activating your ACA membership.  In the past, you mail in your paper applications, we eventually get it out of the mailbox, we have to contact you to get some info or signatures or waivers that you left out, and then we consolidate several weeks worth of applications into a letter to ACA, and mail the applications & a check to ACA, and then they process it, and send you your card.  No more!  Now it’s immediate (and you can print your card from the ACA website too!).

For those of you who insist on mailing in paper forms & paper checks, you can still download & print applications from the Join MWA page, mail them in, and we’ll get right to that, with the usual priority & speed.   Zzzzzz…

Welcome to MWA!

– jw, membership guy

PS – please provide your feedback on the process to me at:  membership at missouriwhitewater.org

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by jw.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by jw.
      jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Sweet online registration! Will be signing up tonight for membership thanks jw for bumpin this message up and casara for doing the online reg.

Nico Mateus
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1

Quick question, how do I know if I’m a paid member of the MWA? I registered for the 2016 ww clinic and paid the extra cash to become a member. Yet, I haven’t received a notification or group update. Thanks.

jw

Good question!  Sorry for the delay since the clinic, but we have to load the information from clinic registration into the membership portion of the website.  It’s mostly a manual process this year, and we have been busy with some other things.  Once the data is loaded, you will be able to see your membership status with your profile.

Next year, we hope to have the clinic registration directly loading the membership data so there is zero delay (and zero additional effort, after the initial programming).

A moot point about clinic pricing – the lower price for the clinic is the MWA member price.  The non-member price includes MWA membership for the calendar year.  ($-wise, the choices are identical.)

jw

CLINIC PARTICIPANTS –

Welcome to the MWA!

Your memberships are all updated on-line, and your data is loaded into the directory.  Please check it & correct it as necessary.

Hope to see you at an upcoming meeting or other MWA event.  You should plan to attend our excellent picnic (& annual meeting), the weekend after Labor Day (more info to come).  It’s FREE FOR MWA MEMBERS!

Note you all now have a MWA website user ID, but you if you haven’t already logged in, you may still need to activate your account.   If you have any issues, please email Casara at: webmaster@missouriwhitewater.org.

If you don’t like your userID, she might be able to change it, but I can’t guarantee that!  But if anyone can, she can!

If you have any questions, please email me at membership@missouriwhitewater.org

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by jw.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart