2015 Urban WW Highlights

Home Forums General Discussion 2015 Urban WW Highlights

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

In case you missed Filmy Fest, I uploaded to YouTube highlights from 2015 St. Louis urban whitewater.

jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Awesome video makes me wanna take my freeride to st louis 🙂

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

Great videos, Joe!  I really enjoyed them.  Thanks for sharing!

Robin
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 29

Loved the video Joe. Where can I park to get to the Grand Glaze Wave or what part of the creek is it on? Thank you for any info!

jacobsviper
      Participant

Rvaliss u cant go without me hahah

Robin
      Participant

If your in the Lou Jacob, we’ll hit it up!

jacobsviper
        Participant

Hell yes we will!!!

JoeSartori
      Participant

“HoJo” wave is under the Howard George bridge, which is just downstream from 141. (I don’t know how to insert an image; otherwise, I would put a map.) Also, for everyone reading this: Mean Man’s rapid follows the wave and ends in a nasty hole. There is an eddy on river left just above the hole where you can exit the creek and not be on Mean Man’s property. You can also boof the hole if you have speed. You can also sneak it on river left. But the creek constricts and speeds forward toward the hole. You gotta be on your game to hit the eddy on river left. If you get stuck in the hole, it will keep you. The video shows the hole/pourover at the very beginning. Plus, it is urban run-off. Can you say icky-acky-ucky-acky-icky-acky-u! Yeah, that means it is disgusting water. So far, however, from all the urban boating, the worst has been a bit of pink eye. Last tip: you gotta be there when it is raining or right when it stops. The window is small for catching this feature and the water arrives promptly. Check out the peaks on the USGS gage for Grand Glaze creek. About 300 cfs and up is pretty good. Let me know if you have any more questions! rvallis, is that you on Rory’s video of the Chain at Salmon Run? Looked like your boat in that video nailing some awesome 360s!

Robin
      Participant

Alright! Thank you very much Joe! And that is not me at the chain but, if you search “cat’s paw carnage” on YouTube… I demonstrate some vertical 360’s. Personally though,  I prefer “cartwheeling the saint”… haha

Thanks again and if you even want a buddy to paddle HoJo with, I like very close! 6364487505

jacobsviper
      Participant

Joe that was a sick description of the sweet spots… Now what i wanna know is where is this sick drainage ditch you went through that i heard about from everyone i hope it was you if not sorry for botherin u but heres one jody and i go to its pretty cool when i first started kayaking enjoy buddy

jacobsviper
      Participant

JoeSartori
      Participant

jacobV that is an entertaining video! FishPot creek has a pretty long culvert and it also has a really long tunnel under big bend road. Pete L. has done this stuff to in StL county and Connecticut Mike and a few others. Fox Creek has some real big drops, which Pete has run and I have walked. Scout first. rvallis, just sent you a text

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart