2015 Season Highlight Reel

Home Forums General Discussion 2015 Season Highlight Reel

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

Took some time and pulled together some of my most memorable runs from the 2015 season!   It proved to be a big year with a ton of time on the water, and an equal amount of time on the road chasing new runs.

Accumulating 3 swims this season, I was fortunate enough to suffer no real injuries or find myself in a dire situation.

Over the course of the last year, I learned a lot about being safety conscious.  I believe one of the most important aspects of becoming a well rounded paddler stems from crew-awareness and overall risk assessment / management;  Know who you are paddling with;  Their strengths, their weaknesses, etc.

Lastly, never under estimate the power of having a plan.  Talk things over with your crew.  In order to truly manage risk, groups need to evaluate ALL the possibilities of certain situations.    If you don’t have a solution to every potential problem that could arise, probably best to walk the beast!

Enjoy and stay safe!

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by CJW4D.
      John Niebling
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 16

Loved it! Thanks for sharing. The drone footage was a fantastic addition.

Robin
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 29

Awesome edit of 2015! Looked like a great year! Quick question, it looks to me like you know your way around a gopro and I’m picking one up soon. Is Superview something you use or like with a helmet mounted cam on the river or is the Wide setting wide enough?

THANKS!

CJW4D
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 313

Thanks!  Truth be told I poke at my go-pro like a monkey trying to change various setting that I do not know too much about;     I believe I have it on wide setting, and I feel it captures the scenes pretty well…      If Levi reads this, he will certainly have more insight into what would be most optimal!

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

You have an amazing life Chris and a ton of skill. Thanks for posting. You should make a vid and submit it to the kayak session short films on YouTube.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart