10 Days to 50th MWC: Meeting TONIGHT & Set-up SUNDAY

Home Forums General Discussion 10 Days to 50th MWC: Meeting TONIGHT & Set-up SUNDAY

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Wahoo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 57

Ten days and counting now to the 50th Anniversary MWC.  Thanks to everyone for getting us to this point.  This is a friendly reminder that the MWA meeting is this evening at 7:00 pm at the Olympia Kebob House on 1543 McCausland Ave.  Most of the meeting will be dedicated to MWC race planning.  Please plan on attending if possible.

The next BIG event of the week is Race Course Set-up MOVED TO SUNDAY, 10 am.  It’s supposed to be a cold and wet one this Saturday so we can use all the help we can get so speed up getting all the wires and gate/pole lines in place.  We will be also setting up some gates for an impromptu race clinic being put-on be our own Joe Sartori.  If you are interested, be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to learn from MWA’s finest slalom instructor.  Silvermnines campsites 28-30 have also been reserved for those who wish to campout.  A complimentary keg of beer will also be provided for consumption of carbonated liquid refreshment.

For course set-up be sure to bring some good working gloves, a wire cutter if you have one and scissors.  If you also have an extension ladder you wouldn’t mind lending us,  let me know if you will be bringing it along.

FYI:  We will need a minimum of 5 people per team (Please correct me if I have my numbers wrong Chuck), 3 on river left and two on river right.  River right workers will need to bring their boat and paddling gear to make the trek across.

Be sure to also bring bottled water and some munchies to keep hydrated and your energy level up.  Keep apprised of the weather forecast so that you dress accordingly.  Bringing some sunscreen night not be a bad idea either just for the power of positive!

Thanks again for all your help in making this 50th Anniversary Race possible!

Now let’s go have some fun!!

Happy Paddling!!!

Wahoo

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by jw.
      • This topic was modified 7 years ago by jw.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart