Reply To: Tragic Death of Jon Clark

Home Forums General Discussion Tragic Death of Jon Clark Reply To: Tragic Death of Jon Clark

John Holdmeier
Participant
  • Total Posts: 22

Jon had such an important impact on so many. The time I got to spend with him during my month of intense instructor training (lead by Jon, Rob and Anne) and years teaching with him at the NOC has forever changed my life for the better. Whether it was our “unplanned” overnight experience on the Chattooga to teach us about being prepared for anything or walking into the instruction fort during a nasty drought to find Jon and Herm riding boats off the roof while spraying a hose with foam taped to the bow of Jon’s Lil Joe (there is video somewhere) Jon was always instigating adventure. Almost all of my favorite photos of myself boating were taken by Jon…he was such an amazing photographer. He was the type to lead by his example and always made me want to better myself to emulate him. Nobody has had more of an impact on the way I think about this sport…Jon will always be present in my thought and approach every time I get to teach someone to paddle. JC wasn’t one of the good ones, he was one of the best.

Shopping Cart