CPR – adult, child, & infant, With Tom Burroughs
April 17 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This three-hour Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification course is an official training in the basic emergency medical procedure against cardiac arrest. The courses teaches people how to execute chest compression with artificial ventilation or an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED). The goal is to preserve a person’s organ/brain function and avoid tissue decompensation until medical help can be engaged. The course will cover these processes for adults, children, and infants.
All mandatory program supplies and a course field guide are provided by Ozark Safety and Rescue Educators (OSRE) as part of the program cost.
Successful completion of the entire program will result in a two-year nationally recognized CPR Certification through American CPR. We will start promptly at 2:00 pm and will be finishing by 5:00 pm. Please arrive a few minutes early to complete the waivers and paperwork.
Location Information: National Great Rivers Museum, 2 Lock And Dam Way, East Alton, IL 62024.
You’re welcome to bring a cooler with your own food/drink. The Museum (classroom site) has a gift shop that sells simple snacks & beverages. There are nearby hotels & Airbnb.
Please read the letter that will be sent to registrants from the instructor and reach out if you have any questions, to Tom about the course; for other logistics, to Sally Haywood 314-374-9206 firstname.lastname@example.org; or Melissa Sauter 314-681-9372, email@example.com
Taught by Tom Burroughs, SwiftwaterRescue@gmail.com, 479-595-1655
- ACA Safety and Rescue Committee Chair
- ACA L-5 Advanced Swiftwater Rescue Instructor Trainer Educator
- ACA L-4 Whitewater Kayak Instructor Trainer Educator
- ACA L-4 Whitewater Rafting Instructor Trainer
- 2015 ACA “Excellence in Instruction” National Award Recipient
- ITRA Level 3V Swiftwater Rescue Instructor
- NREMT/EMT-W/MPIC – Wilderness Medicine Instructor
- Team Leader- Washington CO AR Search and Rescue team
- Director, Ozark Safety and Rescue Educators / Clear Creek Paddlesports
- Member- Wilderness Medical Society
Military service members or veterans, Team River Runner (TRR) has a grant that will enable them to reimburse you after the successful completion of this course. If interested, please contact Tom Cooke, the StL TRR Chapter Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org