Race weekend Campsite

Home Forums General Discussion Race weekend Campsite

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Ok so I know some campsites can accommodate more then one tent and I went to reserve one last month at silvermine and no such luck… Im going to be coming friday and leaving sunday.. Im hopefully going to find one. If not im askin if someone would like to share their site with us and ill pay for the whole campsite. Thanks again 618-841-681three. Text or call me. Oh and heres my new paddle I even had it personalize I love it hopefully it will hold up to the beating its about to recieve. https://youtu.be/66X0p9b3taM

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Don’t dispair!  In addition to the on-line reservable sites,  there are 21 or so “Walk Up” sites at Silvermines, each supposedly able to accommodate 8 people.  So there is the potential for 160 people to fit on the sites not yet reserved!

So, try to get there early on Friday.  Or better yet, join us at Gate Setup on Friday morning & get your campsite early.  And some folks come down & get set up on a site Thursday night!  Make it a 3-day weekend!!

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

I didn’t get the details about not reserving a spot. ( were you there, or trying online?)

If Campground Jim was there, it should have been possible. They are not always there.

As JW said above, there is an online site reservation place? (I never needed it, but someone might post link)

also, you might try this #573,783,3769 This is a landline assigned to the campground.

ps. just because each campsite might be able to accommodate up to “8” people, does not mean that you could possibly get 8 tents on most sites because of forest, terrain and drainage. parking on most tent sites is usually kept to 2-3 cars

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by crazyjerry.
      jw

Campground reservations are normally available online at:  http://www.recreation.gov/camping/silver-mines/

But as jacobsviper found, all of the on-line “reservable” campsites are full for race weekend.  So the alternative is to do a walkup.  Or call Jim I suppose.

I realize the sites don’t really accommodate 8 tents.  I suppose if you had a big family tent or two, you could fit 8 people (the “max” allowed per the rules.  But parking is usually limiting factor, about 2 cars per site.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by jw.
      jacobsviper
      Participant

Yes JW is right, all the ones that are site specific that can be “reserved”are taken which is how I did it last year. I know theres walk ups, I hopefully will make it to the gate setup which is what time? I would love help out but I cannot promise tho but more then willing to lend a hand! thankyou all for the information and the numbers I was informed I shouldnt have anything to worry about which I dont im just throwing out a second option if need be thanks again guys illseeya at the race!

jw

Friday 18 March gate setup starts at 10 am.  Great way to learn how they’re hanging!  see you there!

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

I need to note that asking Jim to hold a spot for you will not always work. I used to camp at Silvermines a lot, not just race or clinic weekends, and a lot more than most people during the non-boating season. I was asking in person, and paying for the whole weekend in advance.

As a (cat-herder) grandpa of nine grandchildren, I know that certain sites can easily hold more than 2 tents, and a lot of boaters will actually be car camping, and may not even set a tent up, just need a table and place to park. As for extra cars, a person could tell Jim what is going on, pay the extra $2 parking fee, park away from the campground, shuttle up to site??

ps. sorry about the online reservations. As several people, and the club in general, have found, the reserve sites, including the group site, will be reserved as soon as they become available. thank goodness for the walk up sites.

Just offering a couple of thoughts.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by crazyjerry.
      Curtis Elwood
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 53

Jacob, you can have mine.  Our plans changed and we can only come down for one day now.  Shoot me a text at 314-397-5093 and I’ll reply with the site number.

jacobsviper
        Participant

awesome curtis hate that you can’t stay the weekend but at least your coming down!! Ill text ya tomorrow thanks again buddy!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart