Chaos paddlers ocoee river broken nose

Home Forums General Discussion Chaos paddlers ocoee river broken nose

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

OK so I’m going not to give like the best trip report, but I will have to tell you if you haven’t paddled The ocoee, get your butt down there it is insanely awesome. This is just part 1 of few videos because the river river is so long.. We woke up at 3 o’clock, took off was on the road By 3:15am not too much traffic hit the big cities still not a lot of traffic Jody crashed out around five, I kept on Hauling to get there.. Got there around 10ish check out the whole place… When I got to put in a called Matt Bliss I told him man I thought this river was big water this looks simple… Boyyyyyy was I ever wrong later that night I called him and told him i take back every last word haha! Found a campsite at adventures Unlimited which is an awesome place to Camp and CHEAP! Anyways Jody and I didn’t have anybody to guide us down the river, they told us just park and hitchhike back it is so simple to hitch a ride they said. Dropped gear and jody off, drove to the take out first person I met boom instant ride back up! Now it’s around 12-ish we get there at the put in. everyone that We talk to knew Jody and I mainly cause of my rolling kayak device bahahah it was insane the amount of people who knew us already. We bypass Grumpys just took everyone’s advice. Make this story short broken nose was crazy tablesaw OMG hellhole let’s just say when you see the video whenever I get it done My reaction was priceless! And yes I did swim at double trouble took a rockslide into a hole flipped tried 3 times to roll over every single time I hit my head and pushed out of set up position The last time I attempted as I was about to pull down and initiate hipsnap boom! I hit a rock so hard my helmet hit the back of my boat said screw it and swam. Let’s just say it was an experience I’ll never forget… I absolutely love the Ocoee… I have bought a fullface sweet rocker helmet now a white one and I am ready for some more!!!! you will not see any of Jody’s camera because when he got flipped he hit his head and the camera caseing broke camera I think is OK but it ruin the memory card. So sorry you won’t be able to see any of his film but we both had a good day on the Ocoee videos will be soon here is one five-minute what I have right now! Thanks y’all for reading! anyone who ever wants to do this again I want to go! I want to do even bigger rivers! After Sunday’S experience i’m more addicted than what I thought and even more so now! Lol

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

there is so much to say here that i’ve been rendered speechless 🙂

jacobsviper
        Participant

Lol is that a good thing or bad thing?

mac
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 40

Please John T, speak to this young man.

jacobsviper
        Participant

🙂 I know I know hold my horses dont get to far ahead of ur self ur by far a good paddler 🙂 I’m hoping to get better but yeah im super excited to have paddled the ocoee and complete it lol

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by jacobsviper.
      RORY KING
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 18

Kayaking friends,

Respect the whitewater.  Respect Chaos.

jacobsviper
        Participant

Really was that necessary its a group name and we are having fun dude!

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

Jacob — I love all the videos you’ve posted including this one.  I was rendered speechless because of all the Ocoee memories … jus too much to say!  Broken Nose is actually named for a Missouri paddler, JimM.  By coincidence just this past summer a group of us were at the Ocoee when one of our group, who shall remain nameless, tried to recreate the Broken Nose event. He had to go to the ER for stitches and now wears a full face helmet 🙂

Your videos provide a “time line” of paddling on the Saint and other rivers.  They are quite entertaining. In the future you’ll look back at them and marvel at your progress.  The future of our sport is with young people like yourself.  Keep it up!

jacobsviper
        Participant

Thank you for the kinds words John…. But as u might not know All the videos that I’ve posted has gotten deleted all the memories have been lost including all the stuff I’ve worked on trying to help others out on the saint with the lines I have a few video’s of back when on my hard drive that I will soon hopefully get back up but yeah the timeline since i started till now is gone forever! it sucks it really does! I’ll never forget where I came from with starting till now but still it sucks the main reason why I wanted to do all those videos is for some people to have a decent idea of how to paddle in different circumstances “mainly what not to do bahahha” since im a new paddler I thought it would help new guys learning the lines out! but oh well All I can do now is push on there will be plenty more to come thanks again!

mac
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 40

Jacob, your videos are very entertaining and wish you well on your climb up the ladder of whitewater achievements. Please do so at a reasonable and respectable pace. Never skip over river ratings, thinking you are ready for class V since the Ocoee is rated class III-IV. And my last words of advice to you are to try and attend a local college class near Harrisburg where you can improve your writing skills. You really need to have great written material to accompany your video work because someone, or some company may want to buy the rights to use your work in the future. Seek out more education and hope to meet you on a river someday soon.

jacobsviper
        Participant

Yeah my writing skills really do suck hahah! I know this. Just explaining our trip and NEVER, have have I skipped my skill level thanks for the words of advice! ill just tell someone my experience and let them write it 😉 but on a better note ill be hitting the ocoee soon again and will further advance my skills as a paddler as I have been advancing and learning from every skilled paddler on the water! thats what its all about… Yes I’d love to paddle with you some day. Thanks again man!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart