Float Bags?

Home Forums General Discussion Float Bags?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jon Bentley
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

Just a quick question. I have two NRS large float bags in the stern of my 8.5 Dagger Mamba. I have heard plenty of people outfitting their kayak with bow bags as well, such is the case with my buddies Green Boat. I can understand the bow bags for the Green Boat due to the volume capacity in the bow, but do you guys think that it would matter in my Mamba Creeker? Can I even squish float bags up in there. I would hate to waste the money forward bags are not really needed. I appreciate any advice on this.  Thanks.

JulieAlsberge
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

I put them in my mamba creeker 7.6 and in my nomad 8.1 . Get the smallest they make. Less water to drain after a swim and better buoyancy when upside down.

J–MO
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6

It makes it a lot easier for anyone rescuing your boat if the bow is not filled with/under water.  I have the 8.1 and have playboat style stern bags in the bow.  The Mamba 8.5 has a lot of volume, and bags in the bow will save you a lot of hassle both rescuing and draining your boat.  I know some people that have used cheap beach balls in the bow.

Jon Bentley
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

Thanks guys for the input. I picked up a couple of harmony bow bags. Your advice is much appreciated. On another note, Julie I read that your from Columbia. I’m at Lake of the Ozarks. You wouldn’t by chance know of any paddlers at the lake would you? It seems like my buddy and I are the only ww paddlers here. Would love to get in touch with a small community here.  Thanks again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart